Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 January 2014

#SimpleStart - cooking up a treat!



Monday 13th January 2014

Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. Golda Meir


I had a wonderful day yesterday, my kind of day off, it started with my shopping being delivered by Morrisons and I was very impressed with it too!  The couple of substitutes they made were ok, the bacon medallions were replaced with bacon bacon but I can use the medallion bit only and I will chop up and save the fatty bit for when I’m doing a recipe that needs bacon lardons and ProPoint it, it actually worked out better value for money that way.

They sent me a welcome gift in the bags, a gingerbread man – don’t they know I’m trying to lose weight, it’s still wrapped up and will be finding another home, not something I’m willing to swap my weeklies for. 

Alfie and I then had a walk, we were out a good hour but only did just over a mile, he smells everything, then stands and stares into the distance, I just follow him, as ultimately it’s HIS walk so he gets to decide how he spends it!  It was such a beautiful morning yesterday too, I would’ve loved a good stomp through the fields, but no Alfie was having none of it!

After eating a delicious breakfast, I then spent just under 3 hours in the kitchen being my own version of Delia, I absolutely love the new Weight Watchers Filling & Healthy Cookbook and have a list of meals I plan to cook from it, yesterday I did some then froze them, so now I have quarterpounder burgers ready for evening tea this week, the most delicious yellow split pea and ham soup (I don’t think I’ve tried split peas before but they’re tasty!), also made the curry sauce recipes to have with homemade chips Thursday night I think, be like a takeaway at the end of my working week.  Then for dinner I made braising steak with onions and mushrooms, mmm.  It’s great to have a cookbook that you instantly know all the ingredients are ok on both Simple Start and Filling & Healthy, yet if you’re following ProPoints, they’re all listed for you in the book too.

I’m loving my new tidy kitchen, all my pots and pans hanging on one wall, I washed up as I went along and it was as clean at the end as it had been at the beginning = result!

Today we’re having Greek pork patties with radish Tzatziki, another recipe out of the book, I didn’t get a few ingredients on my list as they were out of stock so I’ll need to nip out and get them before I can make the other things on my list this week out of my new bible!   Still to cook

Spaghetti Carbonara (p74 F&H cookbook)
Eggs Benedict (p30 F&H cookbook)
Mini chicken, spinach & cottage cheese frittatas (F&H cookbook)
Chicken stew & rice (p40 F&H cookbook)  This recipes in this week’s YOUR WEEK in meetings.

I’m also collecting recipes from magazines that I can use over the coming weeks, plan to get me a meal planner/recipes/shopping list folder that I can use again and again.  I already have my Weight Watcher recipe folders so I will use one of them. 
#FeelingOrganised&Focused!

I even finished clearing out the last of the drawers downstairs, so now downstairs is sorted, I’m scared to start upstairs!

The rest of my day was very relaxed including a couple of glasses of wine, a bath, some tv & an early night – I love those kind of Sundays.

Manic Monday morning planned though, I have lots of WW paperwork to get through, I’m contemplating popping to a shop for the other few ingredients for my recipes, although I may leave that and attempt to get to grips with a room upstairs!

Either way, I’m feeling refreshed after the weekend, here’s to a good one, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful because we’re worth it. xx




No comments: