Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 19 July 2021

No more 'la la la I'm not listening'

Monday 19th July 2021
Don't be upset about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.


Wake up call for all of us I think, yes we've had a rough 18 months at least, but things are getting back to some kind of new normality, we've got to learn to live with this situation and we can't continue to ignore our health whilst we play the 'la la la, I'm not playing' card!  I gained stones over the last few years, it started sneaking on as mom got worse, a little here and there at first but a pound here and half there soon took me to the heaviest I've EVER been!  Just shy of 15 stone, not even my fat jeans wanted to play any more. 

Then we started the huddles in April and I wasn't completely ready, I was still grieving mom in my own way which also involved gaining a release from being trapped so I was enjoying too much wine.  It was the end of May when I decided it was time to start getting weighed at the huddles by Elle, I was 14st 11lb, what a wake up call, no wonder my joints were hurting and my sciatica was back with a vengeance.  

It's never a 'good' time to lose weight, life will always throw something at you so for me that was my brother coming to stay and wanting KFC, Indian, Chinese and Yellow Chips with EVERYTHING for 3 weeks solid, not to mention drinking together every day too, that first week he arrived, I gained 3lb, but the week after I'd slightly got a grip and lost 2 of it, the week after another 1/2 had gone so the 3 weeks only set me back 1/2lb.  Tomorrow though after getting back to it, using the marvelous Nutracheck app for simplicity, no faffing, just a place to go to find and track food and work out recipes, I want to do everything else like communicating in real life not on an app, I'm hoping to get my first stone certificate.

I love myself whatever I weigh, which can cause me motivational problems sometimes, I don't judge myself by what I look like, I'm a self proclaimed tramp, my brother calls me Stig, it doesn't bother me one iota.  I do care about my health though which is what's helping to motivate me, I don't like being in pain, who does, so if losing weight will ease that pain, then I will use my app and track, it's not difficult is it.  Heck if you have to take tablets to keep you alive, you do it, you don't think oh what an inconvenience, you're grateful for those drugs, we should feel the same about the ability to track our food, even if it's on paper, food labels these days tell us plenty.

I enjoy my wine (in case you didn't know lol) and I know the quantity I drink is too much as far as the experts are concerned so I'll do my best to counteract that with healthy eating and drinking plenty of water.  At least I've cut my caffeine intake right down to one or two in the morning. 

Are you still making excuses?  Don't get me wrong, if you're not ready to take care of yourself and you're okay with that, you don't need to make excuses, you've made a decision, I did it for months, I was okay with feeling crappy in my body because I was getting more from the food and booze, I'm not now.  However if you want to lose weight and you've had enough of how you feel, it's time to get your act together, make time to take care of yourself, get your ass to a huddle or somewhere else, there's plenty of options out there, you won't have as much fun though lol.

Yes I'm talking to you!  Stop playing the 'when I was..... it was easier' that's a crock of crap, it's never been easy, you were just in a better frame of mind once you'd got into it, you were making time for yourself.  How hard is it really to say okay this week I'll put my huddle in my diary, I'm make that hour my priority, I think about my meals, you have to decide what you're having  anyway, so make it something that's good for you - good food can be fast food too, so don't give me that excuse.  Beans on toast, fast as!  A banana, no faster more convenient food, guaranteed to taste the same every time.  Weetabix, you don't even have to weigh them, tin of tuna, that even has a pull ring on now so it's easy to open, salad comes ready made in bags and bowls.  Are you ready to be an adult and tidy your diet up like you'd tidy the living room.

Today, I'm doing Meat Free Monday because I feel like over the last month, I've overloaded on meat, what with the BBQ on moms birthday, the tbone we enjoyed, the beef curry, I need some lightness in my diet.  Yesterday wasn't heavy though to be fair, I made use of the leftover potatoes by making a hash for brunch;

and I made a potato salad with the rest for tea, I won't buy these fish strips again, not because they aren't tasty, but because you only get 3 for 100g portion which is about 250 calories. 

 

I had one small glass of white wine with a can of pop in it and nothing else for the rest of the day, we were so damn hot, we went to lie on the bed about half seven and I read the last of my book, that's all I did all day was read my book in the shade, I was chasing cool all day but it wasn't available.  At least I've had some sleep though, didn't get out of bed till 6.40am woo hoo. 

Okay you ready to have a great day, hell a great week, a weight loss week - what do you say, shall we do it? 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: