Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 July 2021

Beat the street?

Monday 26th July 2021
The fact you aren't where you want to be should be motivation enough!


Late this morning, had a lie in ain't we!  Alfie woke me around 5 being sick but I got it up and we both managed to go back to sleep, I heard my phone beep but ignored it and woke up about 7.45, nice.  I obviously need it, especially as I had another early night, was charging fitbit so not sure of exact times but I feel refreshed and that's all that matters. 

It was drawn to my attention yesterday that it was 5 calendar months to Christmas day - OUCH!  After last year everyone didn't really get to have a proper one, I'm guessing all being well this year will be amazing for most.  Mine will obviously be my first without mom, but I won't let it make it a sad and lonely one, don't you worry.  

Anyway, we're coming to the end of another month, Sunday is the first of August, what would you like to achieve in that month?  Success, stability or are you going to throw it all out the window and take a gain, maybe you haven't even started yet and you're thinking I'll wait till after summer and start then.  Why?  What are you waiting for, you don't have to be a diet machine, you can just focus on being a little healthier, do what you can, when you can.  

For instance, I'm going to do meat free Monday again today, I'm also trying to up my fibre to 30g a day, damn its not easy!  I haven't actually managed it yet so maybe today I will triumph with the veggie stuff.  Here's some examples of what has a decent amount of fibre in, showing it can be done!  





 
I'm also trying to cut back on my wine, at least two days a week without any at all and less on the days I do drink, I managed it last week, so here's to week two, I'm under no illusion it's no good for me but I enjoy it, so it's finding a balance where I know I'm still be over the recommended limit but below the crazy amount I was drinking when mom was alive to make the days bearable! 

I've just signed up for beat the street, it'll maybe get us out walking a bit more, Beat the Street it's a great way to get the kids out the house, it's a walking game and there are boxes to hover your card over until it beeps and flashes, I've signed up for the local school as there's prizes to be won and these schools need all the help they can get!  You can get the cards and sign up yourself, come on let's get walking a little more, or cycling!  

Alfie needs his walk, he's sat on my foot bless him, so I'm off, have a great day, I plan too, there will be baked beans involved and canned apple :) 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: