Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 30 July 2021

Love a lie in

 Friday 30th July 2021
Your life is your story. Write it well, edit often.


I woke up and though yay I've had a lie in and I didn't have to put my alarm on, that's one of the reasons I love Fridays and Mondays.  I'm glad that one of the reasons I love Fridays isn't because I don't have to go to work because I really enjoy going to work again, Elle and I stood outside our venue last night as we were saying goodnight to each other agreeing that this was the best things we've ever done (work wise obvs, having babies and getting married would be up there on Elle's list I hope lol).

We did have another great day though and I got to see a few people I haven't seen for so long, at least since the first lockdown!  I miss so many people that I haven't seen for so long because of Covid and my change of job, hopefully they'll find their way back when they are ready.  I'm just loving smiling again, there was a few months there where that became difficult, I'd laugh at my situation but it was with a heavy heart all the time, I feel like me again, and I bloody like me and who I am and my life.

I was going to do a cooking video yesterday but they were making that much noise next door, knocking a wall through, bless him for coming round to warn me, thankfully I was out for a few hours of the worst noise.  

I still had a play with cooking, I whizzed my cauliflower in my food processor to rice it, then I microwaved it for about 12 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film leaving a gap for some air to get in.  Next I left it to cool for a bit, and put it in a clean tea towel and squeezed out as much water from it as I possibly could.  I put it in a bowl and added 125g grated cheese, teaspoon salt, bit of pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika and 3 cloves garlic (minced).  The plan had been to make patties or bites and roast, but I couldn't get it to stick together!  I remembered later that I was meant to add an egg to bind it all together - doh, but I forgot and instead I just flattened it all out on parchment on 2 baking trays and roasted in oven, well it was lush anyways, it sort of stuck together but with the egg it would've done and it would've made a great base for a pizza, or as patties or bites it would've been epic.  I'm going to have some for breakfast with a fried egg on and some cherry tomatoes, mmm nom nom.  Cheese makes everything better doesn't it.  The whole thing was just shy of 800 calories but there was easily 4 large portions.  Hold on I'll get the photos I took...

 

Today I'm cooking chicken, they're half price in Sainsbury's this week £1.75 for a medium chicken!  I fancy chicken and chips, I might cook both the chickens I bought so as not to waste the heat in the oven and freeze the leftovers, or make a couple of dishes with them like a pie or curry or sweet and sour and freeze them, then I have go to meals.  We'll see how I feel, looking outside it's gonna be a wet day so won't be spending time out there. 

I've got some stuff left to do on the laptop, but I do like to have at least one totally work free day so it may be today, again I'll see how I feel, love not having to rush or make decisions all the time.

Here's to a very, great day.  Make time for you xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: