Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 28 July 2021

My wines on offer :)

Wednesday 28th July 2021
This years not over yet!


Well I'm glad to be awake this morning, stupid dreams, mom was in them but she had dementia, I'm mean come on, give me the dream version where she hadn't got that bloody disease!  In the real world though, life is good, yesterday was amazing, especially considering the time of year, it's great to see people joining and prioritizing their health and putting themselves first, we all need to do this!  Over 5 stone lost on our scales yesterday, lots of certificates handed out, it's just brilliant, it really is.

In-between I got some work done on the laptop, had a couple of hours watching tele too, plus I did a live video in our Facebook group whilst cooking my lunch which was cheesy spinach orzo, nice it was but next time I'd use a stronger flavoured orzo, here's what I did.

I cooked 120g orzo according to the packet instructions, whilst this was cooking I heated some oil in a frying pan, added a crushed clove of garlic and 3 chopped spring onions, plus salt and pepper.  Next I stirred in a tablespoon of plain flour and then added 200ml skimmed milk to create a sauce.  I chopped and added 100g of baby spinach and a shredded ball of mozzarella cheese (this is what I'd replace, 306 calories would get you a lot of strong cheddar, parmesan or blue cheese).  Once the orzo was cooked, I drained the water and stirred the orzo into the sauce and voila, you have this lovely dish for 529 calories, it made 2 portions.


For tea I had roasted sweet potato and carrots, it was a white sweet potato and tasted like a regular potato so I wouldn't pay the extra cost, £2 a kg it cost!  Wow, I've just looked and the vivaldi potatoes I like are £1.60kg, I'll learn to like cheap uns again at 46p kg (37.5p in Aldi), that's for sure.  Actually if you can it's definitely worth a trip to a greengrocers.

Oh I maintained on the scales which I was more than happy with after my 4lb loss last week, plus I had my jeans on this week rather than a flimsy dress, I'm happy with my progress and know I'm eating a lot healthier and in portions that are more realistic!  I'm also drinking less which is a double bonus, although my wine is on offer in Sainsbury's so I need any of my members that see it on for £6 (usually £8) to buy it and bring it to the meetings, let me know how much I owe you so I can bring the cash :) 



I've still got a dozen bottles from the last time it was on offer, all I need now is for Sainsbury's to do the 25% wine deal too whilst it's already on offer :) that happens occasionally and makes my year. 

This morning I'm going to really enjoy a scrambled egg sandwich, couldn't have one yesterday didn't have any fresh bread and wasn't buying a loaf for 2 slices, Carol gave me a few slices last night.  My last loaf I bought, last Tuesday and there's still 4 slices left but only good for toast, or I'm going to make some breadcrumbs I think as I have a recipe I want to give a go., yeah I'll do that today maybe, but I have the rest of the orzo to eat too.

Lot's of members yesterday agreed to do Meat Free Monday next week, I'm hoping more will as the week goes on, if you're reading this, you can join in.  Be interesting to see what none vegetarians choose to eat, my meals yesterday were all veggie, unintentionally.

We're at Wimborne Road this morning, then I have the day to myself, I need to hoover and mop (boo) at least it's cooled down though, housework's just about bearable, I'll put some music on or my audio book to encourage me. 

Here's to a very good day, regardless of housework :) 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx



No comments: