Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 July 2021

A-Z eating?

Thursday 22nd July 2021
Start by starting - if not now then when?


I got some work done yesterday after our huddle, it was nice to sit in the garden in the shade whilst doing it though, putting some stuff together for our members, sometimes we just want help with what to eat and we want normal food, not fancy stuff, food that fits in with our family and our lives so that's what I was doing. 

I still had a few hours for me though and watched a bit of tele in the cool of the living room, I'm so glad I have tile flooring, it really keeps the room cool for Alfie on days like this, then he has his bed for all the other days, although he spends most of his time on the settee with me bless him.  We've both had a hot night tossing and turning, I'm a spring/autumn kind of girl, this is way too warm for me, I like my sleep as you know and don't like it being disturbed by the heat. 

I made a tasty smoothie yesterday using up a bag of raspberries out the freezer, I added a litre of Alpro no added sugar almond milk (it's on offer in Sainsburys half price £1 but I've just had an email to say they didn't have any for my order so they've substituted with their own brand but I don't think it's long life plus it's a little higher in calories so I won't be having them when they arrive, might have 1 to try), anyway I then added a banana which needed using up and the leftover yogurt I had plus a few teaspoons of agave nectar as it needed sweetening up a bit, it made a litre and a half so three portions at 182 calories each.  Great breakfast and almost 10g of fibre in one portion, I still didn't hit the 30g of fibre that's recommended, so need to work on that!   Lunch was lazy bitch fish pie, it took 15 minutes, I used 4 frozen basa fillets and pan fried them in 2tsp oil, topped with a tub of Heinz mushroom soup then leftover mash, and sprinkled with 20g of parmesan cheese =  484 calories per portion, it was missing something so I added a spoon of wholegrain mustard to my plate.  



I then had these for my tea, shared with Alfie, damn they were good and my favourite wings from the shop so far, but I want to try Iceland's home brand bbq wings to compare as I have a feeling they'll be as good as their salt & pepper ones are good.  They're both £3 a bag, but the Iceland ones are £3.53 per kg as opposed to £5 for the TGI ones.  
They took me over my daily target what with the wine I had, but at least I added a bit of lettuce!  Must do better today :) They were just too tasty, shouldn't have cooked the whole bag lol, 

At least I added some new foods to my A-Z list this week, now to decide what to eat today and add to that list! 

A - Almond milk, agave nectar
B - bread, baked beans, broccoli, banana, butter, basa
C - coffee, chicken wings, 
D
E - edamame beans
F - french fries
G - gravy, green beans
H - hotdogs
I - Iceberg lettuce
J
K - kidney
L
M - milk, mushrooms
N - noodles, 
O - onions
P - potatoes, peas, pastry, parmesan
Q
R - rolls (cheating I know it's bread), raspberries, Ryvita
S - steak, Slimfast, sesame seeds, soy sauce, soup
T - tea
U
V - veggie sausages, 
W - wine, wings (chicken)
X
Y - yogurt
Z

First things first, I need to go shower and get ready for work, then a quick walk with Alfie before it's too hot, here's to a happy huddle day, have a great day yourself.  

Today I shall mostly stay within my calorie target!  No wine Thursday here, which will definitely help ;) 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: