Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 25 July 2021

2000! BOOM!

Sunday 25th July 2021
Self care isn't selfish.


Before I talk about today, let's cover yesterday, wow what a morning, really busy and buzzing, loved the chat this week and to top it off we did hit our 2,000lb lost by our members since we opened our huddles, that's incredible and we're so pleased for and proud of each and every one of them, even those who are managing to maintain their weight, if they are there and trying they are amazing!  Love that they're committing to 12 weeks by taking up the £38 off, which means not only are they saving a tenner but they're prioritising themselves and their health. 

Alfie and I had a couple of walks, I did a load of washing and ate a pork salad, later I had a chicken sandwich and a very, early night I was in bed for 8 as it was a little cooler than it has been and I have sleep to catch up on, over 9 hours had which I'm grateful for, still some tossing and turning though.  

Today is going to be self care Sunday, I'm going to cook myself a roast pork dinner making sure I eat well, yes even if you live alone you should still cook for yourself!  I'm going to enjoy a bath, a facemask, mmm what else could self care Sunday include?

You could; 

- Start your day with a glass of water.
- Do a little yoga or morning stretches.
- Get some fresh air.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Enjoy a cuppa.
- Go for a walk.
- Take a long, hot shower. 
- Enjoy a bubble bath.
- Moisturise your body.
- Play some music.
- Dance around the kitchen.
- Enjoy a healthy snack.
- Have an early night.
- Do some colouring or something creative.
- Binge watch a box set.
- Listen to a podcast.
- Cook a simple meal.
- Take a lunch break.
- Meditate for 5 minutes. 
- Plan your evening meals for the week.
- Call a friend for a catch up. 
- Have a cuddle with a loved one or pet.
- Create a bucket list.
- Watch a movie.
- Read a book or magazine. 
- Write a letter. 

I'm sure there's many, many, more things you could do, I'm already playing music, I like Radio 2 on a Sunday morning, I've got a movie lined up for later and me and Alfie will cuddle up on the settee.  I've just had a thought and think I might need to change the dinner as I have chicken which is use by today I think, will check in a bit.  I can freeze the pork and have it another day.  I've also realised that there's a lot of self care in my life these days, I'm so thankful for my life right now.  

Ooo I forgot to tell ya, I've planted some spinach and lettuce seeds in trays to see if I can grow them easily, I've just got to work out how to keep the foxes away from destroying them, I bought them in last night just to be safe, so maybe I will grow them indoors or take them out and put them in at night, it's not difficult to do that is it. 

We've got our zoom huddle this morning, I enjoy them, nice positive way to start our Sundays, will walk Alfie beforehand, although he's spark out at the minute! 

Oh if you're looking for a cracking movie to watch, Cruella is brilliant and I really enjoyed Thunder Force too, I do love a good film, so if you have any recommendations, let me know or good tv stuff.

Here's to an enjoyable day, take care of you because you're important too. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: