Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 4 July 2020

With pleasure....

Saturday 4th July 2020 
Better days are coming & I don't mean Saturday and Sunday


Well I made a discovery yesterday, goat is low in Smart Points!  Yep, it's 1SP per 100g raw weight, or 2SP for 165g, if you're on the green plan this is the same SP as chicken breast which is excellent news!  Even better because I had a goat curry with rice and peas delivered from Marlie's Menu's and it was a taste sensation!  Just look at that plate of deliciousness, it was so good, I wanted to eat it all over again immediately, not because I was hungry, just because it was good.  If there was another bowl in the fridge, I know I'd be eating it right now for breakfast, that to me is a sign of good food when I want to eat it for breakfast because it's too good to wait for.  


Who is Marlie's Menu? Well I've known Amanda for years, she once won on Come Dine with Me and I went to her house for a charity night where she cooked us dinner and we paid what we thought it was worth, oh and it was worth plenty!  I knew her meals would be delicious, plus they were delivered, all I had to do was ping them in the microwave.   Of course I want to be able to point them, so I'm waiting for her to send me the ingredients that she uses for her meals and I can help point them up so we can order takeaways that are both delicious and pointable, they're also made with good quality ingredients and that's what's important to me right now.

Yes I'd not mind losing a few pounds but I want to first and foremost be healthy and have energy and work on my relationship with food and my mood.  That's my priority.

I love to eat, it's delicious, so I'm going working on eating delicious, healthy food in moderation!  I want that healthy relationship with food back that I'd built, that has slowly diminished over the last few years because of the lifestyle that I have now. 

I'm getting there, I'm not in a rush, I'm starting with including more zero heroes (I know I've told you this already but it helps me to remind myself of my plans, plus it might encourage you to do the same).  I'm also working at tracking everything, I want to do this to make me aware of my behaviours, I've done 3 days 100% honestly, I'm considering a notepad then I can make comments about the food and my mood etc, mmm yes maybe I will, it's not like I've got anywhere to go!  I know it's July 4th and places are opening but I'm not going to be one of their customers, I wouldn't and couldn't go pre lockdown because of mom, I don't want to now.

Ah, mom, we got her to the dentist and he told me I have to take her back Monday to have what's left of her front teeth out, now I've got to go through the whole 'trying to get her there' nightmare all over again.  Plus it's her birthday bless her on Monday, so I can't decide whether to give her all her cards first thing before we go so she's happy or wait till we get home to cheer her up.  Mmm, decisions, decisions. 

She enjoyed her visit from the respite lady yesterday, a couple of hours again, we had to cut it short for her dentist appt, will try the 3 hours next week hopefully, see how it goes. She had mostly a good day yesterday, now hopefully she'll be good this morning whilst I work and happy days!

I know I've said I'm going to include more zero hero's and the curry above doesn't look like it's packed with them, but there were little peas and there'd have been onions, pus there's some green stuff if you zoom in.  I did have fruit (apples and satsumas) plus I experimented with cauliflower rice, I roasted it in the oven with a bit of parmesan cheese grated on top - lush, even if it did lose me half my finger being attacked by the grater. 

My breakfast was full of zeros peppers, mushrooms, spring onions and tomatoes, nom nom. 


 I'm going to have salmon for breakfast because I took it out to defrost yesterday forgetting about my food delivery, I'm thinking I could have it in an omelette or with avocado, decisions decisions, maybe a crustless quiche, then I can save some for snacking on cold later, I have lots of eggs too as for some reason I ordered 2 boxes not one last week! 

Right I'm off, it's Independence day in the states, I have a feeling it's going to be idiots day here, I'm staying home, looking forward to catching up with my Saturday members on the 9.45am virtual workshop (link in the Wolverhampton Connect group on the WW app, last chance for this weeks technique.  Tomorrow (link in Stafford group 10am) I switch to the next topic which is lowering the smart points in your kitchen, looking forward to that subject.   

Have a wonderful weekend, let's learn to "eat healthy food with pleasure not eat for pleasure".   That's gonna be my new mantra!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

 


No comments: