Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 19 July 2020

Say no to Stress on Sunday

Sunday 19th July 2020
Getting angry in a stressful situation is like trying to clean something with dirt.


STRESS! That's the subject of the Virtual Workshops this week,  we’ll be discussing how our bodies are impacted when we are, feel stressed, as well as exploring a technique that will support us. I'm looking forward to it, as I've been working on mine the last week and I think it's helped.

What is stress? Well this is what's written on the Mind website and it's a good enough definition for me;

What is stress?

We all know what it's like to feel stressed, but it's not easy to pin down exactly what stress means. When we say things like "this is stressful" or "I'm stressed", we might be talking about:

  • Situations or events that put pressure on us – for example, times where we have lots to do and think about, or don't have much control over what happens.
  • Our reaction to being placed under pressure – the feelings we get when we have demands placed on us that we find difficult to cope with.

I've managed to feel less stressed since I asked myself what was stressing me out and looked at each thing in turn.  Obviously my mom adds stress to my life and it was the getting upset or frustrated with her that was causing me the most stress, so I've stopped doing that.  When she becomes difficult I put my 'professional' head and behave as I would if I was at work, it's helping.  It's not easy but it's better than the alternative.  Today is going to be a challenge because she's had a bad night, then when I've come down with her this morning, I've realised she didn't take her tablets that I put by her last night, so no wonder she's had a bad night and even though I've been able to give her some of them this morning, skipping medication is never a good thing!  I must check she's taken then in future!

I had me a delivery from Marlie's Menu again yesterday, it's making me miss cooking myself but it's not always possible with mom as she doesn't like me being out of the room, thankfully the lovely Amanda had cooked butter chicken and saag aloo for me (pictured below with WW naan bread and cucumber minty yogurt and the other pot I took a spoonful of mango chutney and mixed it with yogurt, it worked!)


Oh ma'an there's an atmosphere in this room this morning and I'm trying to break it but it's not working yet, she's agitated, probably because of the meds, let's hope she manages to settle soon.

I'm going to have a shower and walk Alfie before I log on for my workshop at 9.30 for the check-ins and 10am for the actual workshop in the Stafford Connect group.

Whatever you have planned today I hope it's a good one, focus on the good stuff and the good stuff gets better.  I'm still doing it, positives already, the suns shining, the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds, I've managed to get some sleep, I've done my yoga and a little meditation and I have no pain in my body!  RESULT!

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: