Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 July 2020

My poor empty fridge

Friday 17th July 2020
Get into the habit of asking yourself, "Does this support the type of life I'm trying to create".


Not a bad nights sleep after another good day over all thankfully, long may they continue!  Mom's sat next to me snoozing, I've got GMT on the TV, just heard Captain Tom's being Knighted today which is just lovely and the weatherman said it's going to be a good one.  Mom's carer is on holiday and because they're short staffed we're not getting a visit today, they had offered someone later in the day but I said to leave it as she's always more difficult as the day goes by and if it was someone she didn't know that would add to the problem. 

Maybe I'll be able to get her out in the garden for longer than 5 minutes today, we can but hope.  I'm going to cook something from scratch today, I have some chicken breasts, might do a healthy version of a pot noodle, I'm going to make my fridge a bit healthy by boiling some eggs so they're there if I get peckish.  Ooo I'll cook some chicken too so I can pick at that.  Time to get my healthy eating back stronger, I've been focusing on my mental health more lately so I can add a bit of time to the eating side of it now.

...


Actually I've just stopped there to make mom a cuppa and whilst I was in the kitchen, I've put some eggs on the hob to hard boil and put some chicken in marinade, so I've started my healthy fridge restoration!  It's actually quite pathetic at the moment because I didn't order lots of fresh stuff this week, there's a dying courgette in there, a few limp spring onions, a bit of spinach that I'm not sure is usable and some cheese triangles, low fat spread and cans of diet coke.  It's a sad sorry state for sure!  Having said that the freezer is bursting there's that much in it and that's what I want to work my way through.

If your kitchen is on your side you're half way there aren't you!  What would make your kitchen a healthier environment.  I know mom's got that much junk at the moment, it's taking up an entire cupboard!  I'm going to box it up today and put it in a different place, it doesn't all have to be in the kitchen!  If you're peckish and you open the fridge or cupboards and you're met with an empty fridge and a cupboard full of Pringles and Cheese & Onion crisps, it's unlikely you're going to make a healthy choice!   Therefore I'm shifting that stuff out of my view!  I'm going to make my fridge healthy, I might nip over the shop and buy some carrots to do some carrot sticks, I actually don't mind them and if I had them in a tub ready prepared when I open the fridge, I'm more likely to eat them, I like cucumber too, so I'm thinking preparation is KEY!  

Yeah here's to a bit of time in the kitchen this morning, I'm feeling quite energetic, I might even oil one of the work counters, they need doing and I keep putting it off, but if I do one at a time especially with the weather, it'll dry quickly.

I love my chilled out life, the only thing that would make it better would be mom being well but that's not going to happen so here's to another day focusing on the positive and approaching Alzheimer's in the same way I would my work, if a member was annoying me, I'd remain 'professional' and handle the situation and that's exactly what I'm doing when Dementia turns on its nasty in mom, I'm using that same side of me to handle that situation. 

Right, I've started to waffle, so here's to a great day, my eggs will be done now too.  Have a wicked Friday.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: