Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 3 July 2020

I do like Fridays

Friday 3rd July 2020 
You don't have to be perfect in order to be successful.


Why, Why, Why, Delilah lol, no that's not what I meant but are you know doing your best Tom Jones impression!  Seriously though WHY did you join WW, are you on it?  If not why aren't you at the moment?

I asked my members yesterday how I could best support them, why weren't they coming on the Zoom workshops and I had lots of reasons ranging from they just don't like Zoom (which is a shame as I absolutely love it!) to all the changes in their lives because of the situation with Covid-19.  The last 3 months of everyone's lives have been different, some more than others.  

This is why right now, me personally am not thinking about weight loss (it would of course be a bonus), I'm focusing on behaving as healthy as I can.  I'm taking this time to notice my behaviours and how I react to things with the hope that going forward I can change those behaviours, build good habits and become a healthier version of myself.  

I don't want to lose some weight to regain it a few months later, I've had enough of that.  And that's why this month I'm focusing on the zero heroes, adding salad to my sandwiches, mushrooms to my breakfast, that sort of thing.  

I'm also tracking EVERYTHING, that's a behaviour I want to turn into a permanent habit, it's making me realise where my points go, where I can make changes and boy do I need to make some changes if weight loss is ever going to be the side effect!

Now these corned beef crispbakes were delicious and 7SP each, had them with zero heroes, it would've been easy to put a jacket spud on there too but I realised I didn't really need one.  


I'm questioning my thoughts more, for example in the fridge there's a chicken, I know if I roast it, I'm eating the skin because I like it and I can rarely resist it unless I'm freakishly in the zone, so I'm trying to convince myself to skin it and either cook it whole in the slow cooker or portion it up, portioning it would mean I could just cook on portion at a time, even if I halved it, that would be two days, I always end up sharing it with Alfie, plus its a small chicken.

I'm going to go and look at what veggies I've got to include those zero heroes today, might start my day with some fruit or maybe I'll have eggs like I did yesterday, I had an omelette with mushrooms, spring onions and cherry tomatoes.

I'm thinking the chicken might wait till tomorrow and today can be fish, I've not had salmon in a while, so will go take some out the freezer. 

It's so easy to be positive in the morning, then as the day goes by and mom gets difficult my emotions kick in and the stress and I find myself in the kitchen - this is what I'm working on and I don't expect to change over night, that would be ridiculous.

Thankfully we had a really early night last night, once mom was in bed, I watched a bit of tele on my phone before falling asleep and I've had a really good night too, mom woke me at 6 (proper lie in that),.

Ooo I found out yesterday that I'm going to be lead coach on the Sunday virtual workshop at 10am in the Stafford group, I'd love to see some of you there for a coffee and a catch up, I’m talking about how to lower your smart points in the Kitchen.  I’ll be on from 9.30 and the workshop starts at 10. 

Today though, we have a trip to the dentist with mom this afternoon, she has toothache, morning would've been better with her mood but I was grateful they could even get her in next day.  She'll be wound up all day today now, got the respite carer at 12, so hopefully she'll keep her distracted for a couple of hours before we go.

Looks like walking in the rain might be the order of the day if Alfie wants a walk!  I hope my car starts, I'm having to start it every day, but even then I'm having to use the jump start, mom and I took it for an hours drive yesterday hoping that would recharge the battery.  My mechanic has been in touch, I've got to call him Monday and we'll arrange for him to collect it at some point and do it's annual service and mot and work out what's draining the battery.

Right I'm off, I need a cuppa and food, I'm actually hungry this morning.

Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

  

No comments: