Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 July 2020

No rush...

Friday 10th July 2020
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. 


I do love not rushing in a morning, it's 6.21, I've been awake since 4am, and since them I've done some meditation and yoga and a little bit of self work and both Alfie and mom are still asleep - BLISS!  Now that's the perfect start to my day, it could only be bettered by a good long walk through the fields (one day I'll be able to do all these things again without having to make sure mom's okay).

Yeah a slower pace of life is something I truly enjoy, a simpler way of living is something I genuinely long for.  Who wouldn't want a stress-free home life, to feel less stressed, relaxed rather than overwhelmed?  How great would it be to not have to multi-task rather focus on one thing at a time - sounds good don't it! 

We've still got to pay the bills though so we can't just pack in the job, after all we don't want to lose the roof over our head!

Having said that I've realised over the last few months, I can live on less by being more mindful, especially in the kitchen, I've always spent far too much money on food.  I've made a conscious effort this last month to try and only spend on things I need, it always helps to ask yourself the question "do I want it or do I need it?" before you buy something. 

I've started unsubscribing from all those emails that send me offers and try to tempt me to buy stuff I don't need with money I don't have!  I'm also throwing away stuff that comes in the post without even opening it if I can tell it's something that's trying to sell me something!  Yeah if you haven't done it, why don't you set yourself a no spending challenge, try going a week with no frivolous spending, just bills and groceries, eat what's in your house, I'll let you buy bread and milk!  We've not really been going out anyway so you can manage a week.  I'm going to move my food supermarket slot next week to the week after and do just that, my sister can always get me a loaf if I need one but I have long life milk, we'll be good.  That's at least £40 I'll save as that's the minimum spend! 

I can't believe I haven't been in a supermarket for months and I'm not missing it, I used to be addicted to the idea of being able to wander around looking at the niceness on offer but now I'm happy to get my weekly slot for essentials, maybe the odd bit of something nice.  

Same goes for my weekly massage, I used to be distraught if I didn't get that, yet now I'm not sure when I'll bother to have one again, even when I can, I enjoyed my walk through the fields so much more and I didn't have to arrange a time for that, much less stressful, just go when I can. 


Doing my yoga has definitely started to calm me down and slow me down, I now intend to add meditation daily I think even if it's only 5 minutes, there's so many studies that talk of the benefits, I'm willing to give it a go. 


I need to have a bit of a declutter again, that makes life simpler because you have less stuff to go through and look through when you're looking for something.  

Now it looks like it might be a dry day, if mom's good when her lady comes at noon, I may slip away for a good walk.  Fingers crossed! 

 It wasn't until I was chatting with my bestie yesterday that I realised the kind of things I miss at the moment are stuff like being able to go for a walk when I fancy, going to bed when I'm ready and standing in the kitchen cooking and mooching about without having to be concerned with mom and how she'll react.  In Lynne's words 'all things most folk take for granted'.  I'm not fussed about not having holidays or going out for meals, I just miss being free!

So for now I'll take these rare few hours when she's asleep to do my yoga or contemplate life and make the most of the quiet hours. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: