Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 July 2020

Why, Why, Why.....

Thursday 2nd July 2020
To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honours.


Oh ma'an I made it right to the end of the day yesterday being on track, I ate a 10SP healthy brunch, even weighed my avocado, then for my afternoon snack I had banana, apple and satsuma.  My tea was gammon steak (6SP) with salad and pineapple.  It was all going sound, despite moms behaviour then she dropped her tablets (there's a lot of them and they're little!), I'm trying to calm her down, telling her it's okay, it doesn't matter but I'll have to move her chair as some have gone underneath.  This is where it got ugly....  As I moved the chair, I knocked the jigsaw board over which knocked my glass of wine off the table where it smashed all over the floor and my crochet - YAY! 

Well after I'd finally cleared it all up, I grabbed a slice of bread and butter and a bag of Walkers cheese and onion crisps because that solves all problems - NOT!  

Turns out that in addition to focusing on eating more zero foods this month, I also need to focus on not stress eating!  Just logged onto the WW website for some ideas and this was on there https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/article/4-steps-reduce-stress-eating-app-card

Working on stress eating is gonna take more than a single blog entry!  I'm going to start by identifying that I'm doing it, the best way to do that is to track everything and become aware of my eating behaviour. 

I spent some time yesterday thinking about my WHY, we talk about the WHY at WW a lot!  I always struggle with it, it's easy to say I want to lose 20lb or drop a dress size, that's a goal, they're easier to set, but what's your why?  What's the reason you're doing this or trying to do it?  

Think about it quickly, grab a pen and a piece of paper and write down the first thing that comes into your head when you think WHY?   

Then keep asking yourself over and over again like that annoying kid who keeps asking but why?  And see how many reasons you can come up with.  Keep digging away and come up with as many reasons has you can. 

I know I'm more comfortable when I'm 20lb lighter, I don't get that sweaty feeling under my rolls of fat!  Yesterday one thought I came up with was 'because it reminds me of a time when I was completely happy in my life!  Now I don't for a minute think being a certain weight made my life great or me completely happy, I think it was the other way round because I was in such a good place in my life, my eating wasn't an issue, I had other things giving me pleasure.  I was a lot more active, my time was filled with doing stuff whereas now my main purpose is making sure moms okay, so I need to work with that and I am doing so - SLOWLY lol. 

Anyway, mom's awake, I know she'll want to know what I'm doing up here in a minute and as I'm up here for a few hours doing my virtual workshops, I need to go give her some time and also walk Alfie. I've been up since 4 doing my yoga, so here's to another day, an opportunity to eat more zero hero's and think about my WHY's, 

because 
I don't want heartburn / indigestion 
I want to give my body a chance to ease the pain it experiences
I want to be in control of what I eat, not to have my emotions control it 
I want to take care my body and mind to give me the strength to handle whatever life throws at me! 

Oh yeah and because I want to be able to get in the clothes I already have!

Right I'm off, let me know your whys and your focus for the month of July, let's do the do together and have a healthier month.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: