Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 22 July 2019

Give up or pull it all back?

Monday 2nd July 2019
Your current situation is not your final destination - remember that!


I'm sitting drinking the best mug of tea after 9 hours sleep, oh yeah, I feel good this morning.  I've had a wonderful, restful weekend, I didn't get very far with my crochet, mostly because I kept getting the pattern wrong and having to pull it back, they call it frogging, well let's just say I did it so much, I started to sound like a from, 'rip it, rip it, rippit, ribbit, get it! 

Well I cooked my much wanted cheese and onion thing and it was lush, even if it did set me back about 18 points, but honestly, I need to do it again but with proper cheese not low fat, I'd rather use less of the good stuff.  Next time, I'll maybe add more sliced veggies in between the potato and onions, it was so good.



I absolutely love fried onions, these were done in 30g butter (11SP), but to be fair I will try them with spray light and vegetable oil but less. 


 It was delicious though, just needed real cheese.

I lost hours of work yesterday because of two stitches, and not once but twice as where I thought the mistake was, turns out not to have been the original start of the error so I’ve just pulled it back again this morning as I knew it wasn’t right when I finally put it down and gave up last night. 

Now I could give up on the project all together, after all it’s only about a foot square at the moment, I could say it’s too difficult but I won’t because I know it’ll be worth it in the end. It’s not actually difficult at all, the pattern only uses 3 or 4 different stitches, the trick is in doing them in the right place and order!  It’s all about concentrating on the project in front of me, thing is I get distracted by mom, by the dog, by the tv, by my phone - erm by life!  

That’s a bit like weight loss really isn’t it, the actual theory - eat less, move more - is simple enough but doing the simple things you need to do on a day to day basis, well guess what, we get distracted by other things, again for me the things I mentioned above, then there’s work, emotions, delicious food, injuries and illness, the list could go on. 

Now for me to rectify my crochet I’ve just pulled it back and I’ll redo that section again, to enable me to get to the next section. 

Again the same with weight loss, I had some good weeks and lost 9.5lb, three not so good weeks and regained 2lb, then redid that section again and lost 2lb, I’m now working on the next section!  I’ll treat my weight loss like a bloody difficult baby blanket I think 😂 I’ll keep pulling it back until it is done, to be fair though it’s gonna be more of a king size bed kind of blankets project, a really intricate one that uses loads of different stitches and techniques in all different colours depending on my mood. 

Oh and speaking of mood, I actually said to Tina and Liz Saturday morning, if my monthlies weren’t all over the place because of my age, I’d guess I was due on going by how I feel and my mood. Well guess what - I was right and I have this morning, so my bodies nothing if not predictable but it’s good that even though they’re not regular, I recognised the symptoms and acknowledged it, that helped a lot because I knew why suddenly my mood and my appetite had changed. 

I’m out with Alfie because he wouldn’t wait, but in fairness he has waited 9 hours whilst we slept so I can’t fault him. I love the quiet mornings especially knowing I don’t have to rush because I haven’t got to be anywhere. My ankles still not right so only dog walking for me this week, no strenuous exercise I’m afraid. 

Anyway back to the kingsize human project, things that have slipped like stitches this weekend for me include 3 meals a day, I’ve had one big meal and probably not the best. So breakfast this morning for sure. Veggies have been lacking, I’ll eat plenty of them today. Water was replaced with tea and wine, I’ve already drink almost a pint this morning. Tracking properly, 100% and honest, not just 3 things to get my wins on the WW app!  

Yeah it’s Monday it’s the law to get back on track isn’t it!  I have some of that cheese and onion thing left but I can have it with loads of veggies, hope mom wants some too. I made scotch eggs for my brother and have a couple for myself, it was three but Alfie ate one! 

My fridge (I typed friend there initially, Freudian slip that i think lol) is full of good, healthy food so time to eat some of it. 

What healthy life stitches have you dropped lately?  Don’t undo all your good rows because the kids have broken up or you’re off work. You’ll regret it, trust me. 

Let’s get back on pattern, mwah

Luv ya



Love me 

No comments: