Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 July 2019

All's happy here...

Monday 29th July 2019
Have the courage to be imperfect.



Another Monday morning, another month almost over, I can't believe how fast this year is going, I'm loving it though.  Even enjoyed the rain yesterday because it gave me an excuse (like I need one!) to chill out and crochet.  I spent the morning making a head band, I love it, the yarn is so soft and I will actually wear it when the temperature drops.


I also love this photo of me wearing it, don't I look pleased with myself, not bad for a 49 1/2 year old am I really ;). I'd say I scrub up well but the truth is I didn't even wash yesterday (dirty bitch), I didn't do anything, just done the washing up from yesterday because we'd run out of cups, I did manage to cook dinner and eventually walk Alfie when it stopped raining for half hour eventually.

I finished my first crochet toy too, this was a pattern in my first box, never really fancied doing toys but I thought I'd give it a go to learn new stuff, he's cute ain't he, almost the size of an A4 piece of paper, I shall keep him to make me smile, I might give him to mom as she seemed quite taken by him.


This was our dinner, chicken dippers left over from a freezer £5 Co-op deal, 5 for 6SP, 2 waffles 6SP, very nice indeed.  Shows you can with WW too, you don't have to live on lettuce at all!


Today's happy challenge is to treat yourself to something, not spending lots and lots of money and not something food related either, so it could be some flowers, a magazine, something that's going to make you smile, you could make it a double whammy and something that helps break the boredom after the chat we had in the workshops last week.  I have to say my crochet kept me so engrossed yesterday that I didn't eat till the afternoon, now that's breaking the boredom, because if I'm honest we struggled to find anything worth watching, we did enjoy Fishermens Friends on Amazon, I rented it but it was worth it as I've fancied watching it since I found out they'd made it.  After that we couldn't find anything on Amazon Prime / Netflix or Sky, in the end I started watching Fast & Furious films from the beginning, 2 down, although mom wasn't so keen. If you have any suggestions, let us know, mom can't keep up with story lines so much now but we love a good comedy. 

Mmm what shall I treat myself too?  I'm going to have to think about that...  

I've just seen a food pic on Pinterest and it's made me fancy a chicken casserole, might have to nip to the shop and get the ingredients, I need milk too so possibly a supermarket visit, might treat myself to a magazine if I do and flowers, sod it, pay day's just been and gone. 

Right here's to a great day, I'm going to be productive this morning and get stuff done, then chill all afternoon with mom, I've got to try and get a ball of wool locally or I'm going to have to either drive to Much Wedlock or do an online order, my other option is I pull back the last section and finish the baby blanket there!   I've already started another baby blanket to use up some of the wool I have, I already know who it's for because I know they'll appreciate it and I like my work to go to someone like that as there's so much time and effort put into them.  I also need to use the yarn I have before I buy more, although now I've worked with super soft stuff like on that headband, it makes me want more of that sort.  Oh dear I've just found that wool reduced on a website and then I could buy the other ball.......

Anyways, let's get on with our days so we can get stuff done, hope you're on track, if you're not Monday is always a great day to press reset and start over.

Luv ya, mwah

Love me xx






No comments: