Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 June 2019

Scotch eggs & garden mint lentil bake nom nom

Friday 21st June 2019

Happy Summer Solstice you!  Today is the day to remember and celebrate your light and the light of others, may we dance in our light together and forever.  Did you know in Latin, summer solstice means 'the sun standing still'?  Let's enjoy the first day of summer - the longest day and the shortest night of the year!  It's a time to release the old and welcome the new, celebrate renewal, hell go lie on the grass and look up to the sky and enjoy the sun, it's actually out at the moment.  I love this time of year and I can't believe we're already almost half way through the year.  

Did you wake up feeling tired?  Ask yourself is it because you've done too much or maybe because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you?  I've noticed since I've started making myself a priority, taking a bit of time for me to take care of myself and do the things I enjoy doing, I'm not as tired as I was, it's too easy to get worn down - don't let it happen, take care of yourself too. 

Yesterday was a lovely day (apart from moms mood but we'll not go there, poor sis got her share too) I had great workshops, even managed to do a bit of cooking, we'll come back to that in a second.  I walked Alfie when I got back from my morning at work and it was lovely and sunny, so I didn't put my coat on, well we were out half hour max and right in the middle those heavens opened, oh I've not been that soaked for a very long time, had to get changed when I got back, it went all the way through to my bra and pants, had to laugh though. 


 Food wise, I had a slice of toast for breakfast, for lunch I had this deliciousness

Its a Waitrose chicken shashlik (9SP) in a pitta (5SP), 
I need to have a look for a shashlik recipe, it's so good.  

Then I decided to make scotch eggs and have an hour in the kitchen to myself 
(I matter too #MeTime) 


These are just hard - boiled eggs, sausage meat (Penn Road Butchers chicken breast sausages) he does sell it in a tube but I just squeezed 2 sausages out their skins for each egg. I then dunked them in a whisked egg and coated with breadcrumbs, they worked out at 2SP each, 1 for the sausages, 1 for 10g breadcrumbs.  Absolutely lush straight out of the oven, going to have one cold today to compare.  


Now I've got all my members making my zero curried lentil and butternut squash bake  Lentil bake recipe, so yesterday I experimented and instead of the curry powder, I added a Flava-It packet of garden mint marinade (6SP for the pack), I had some PR Butchers Chicken Breast Mint sausages too so added them, cooked them with the squash then diced them up and added at the same time.   Yes it adds some points but 6 sausages are only 3SP, which makes the whole dish 9SP.  It went down really well, everyone who tried it loved it.  It just proves you can change the spice, Flava-it do a good range of different flavours you could use.  You could make a teriyaki or lemon and herb using the WW sachets which are only 2SP a packet, so it would still work out at zero a portion using them, all you'd do is leave out the curry powder, then when you're making the stock don't add as much water, use the WW marinades to top it up to the 5580ml.  I fancy doing a carrot and coriander one, instead of or as well as the butternut squash, roasting some chunks of carrot and adding lots of fresh coriander, could even add the WW lemon and herb marinade to it to give it some umph.  The options are limitless.  I'm a big teriyaki fan could even add diced chicken and tender stem broccoli both zero hero's I'd be tempted to use 2 packets one to cook the chicken in and the other to add to the noodles. nom nom.  



Anyway I'm getting carried away thinking about food.  I have a gnocchi and chorizo recipe from the August WW mag to cook today, I'm looking forward to that, I can never decide if I like gnocchi or not but it's been a while since I've eaten it so time to give it another chance.  The recipe could be made using pasta or new potatoes instead.

Right enough of this food talk, I have my Friday morning workout to do - yep still working on making moving more a habit, 3 days a week, 20 minutes, I'm not going for excessive, starting small.  At least I have a massage to look forward to and hopefully a mom in a better mood - wish me luck!

Let's have a very, very, great day.

Mwah, luv ya,  

love me

No comments: