Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 8 June 2019

Count me out!

Saturday 8th June 2019
Reach for the stars, you just might become one!



Well yesterday I blogged that I'd be doing my 5k my way on the chase tomorrow, I think that'll be cancelled, as much as my bro and I love to walk on a Sunday morning, we don't walk in this kind of rain - we ain't marines!  Plus I know he's off to see Rod Stewart tonight, so will probably be shattered, I'll message him later, I reckon if it's not raining, we'll go later and maybe not there, but we can decide at the time. 

I had a truly lazy day yesterday, once I'd finished my paperwork, walked Alfie and done my 20 minute workout.  My meals were convenient and as tasty as they were, I need veggies back in my life!  



These were chips from Co-op, they've always been the ones I like but I have to say I preferred those chip chunks I made myself yesterday in the oven. 

I even had an afternoon nap in front of the tele yesterday, hopefully I'm finally back to 100% energy levels, it doesn't help that I'm waking regularly with hot flushes, at least I go back to sleep afterwards. 

It's stew weather isn't it this, middle of June and contemplating making a stew, that's just not right!  I might play freezer surprise, there's a pack of something in there, I think it's beef, will take it out this morning and see what it turns into when it's defrosted.  Still need to do a bit of shopping, need fresh veggies. I've put my copy of the veggie/vegan cookbook somewhere and I don't know where!  I want to cook something from that, what am I like!  My office is still screaming sort me out woman, maybe if it rains all weekend, that's what I'll do.

What's your absolute favourite WW friendly meal, why don't you send it to me and I can start sharing some of them.  I have so many savoury recipes that I love, but if you're looking for a Sunday morning warm muffins to share with the family, these are epic; 

Wake up Muffins 

Serves 12, 6sp each

Tired all the time? These banana, raspberry and nut muffins will help to keep you full of energy all day long. Lower fat, rich in energy-producing B vitamins. Prep 15 mins Total time 35 mins, plus cooling. Get ahead Make the day before; store in an airtight container.

Nice microwaved for 30 seconds before eating. The muffins can also be frozen

50g unblanched almonds, chopped (5SP)
300ml natural yogurt
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter (25SP)
1 large egg
225g self-raising flour (22SP)
2 tsp baking powder
75g light brown soft sugar (18SP)
3 ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped (about 375g unpeeled weight, 225g peeled weight)
1 x 150g pack raspberries

Preheat the oven to 200oC, fan 180oC, Gas 6 & line the holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and the sugar. Stir in the chopped banana, raspberries and half the chopped nuts. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.

Mix together the yogurt, almond butter and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the well and gently but quickly mix everything together.
Divide the mixture among the muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or leave to cool on a wire rack.  

Right, I need to get back to tracking before I eat stuff not after, got a bit lapse this week, need to get it sorted, yes today I will be 100% honest tracking again, thinking about what I eat, before I eat it and hoping to pull things back to get me a weight loss Wednesday! 

What do you plan to do?  

Let's all have a good day shall we....

No comments: