Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 February 2015

Nothing beats 8 hours sleep....



7th February
Be bright like glitter and bubbly like champagne ;)



Good morning, 5am and black as coal out there still, but hopefully we're in for another bright, cold day!    I was in bed by 8 last night, had a busy week and then a bit extra on top as I covered yesterday and did some catch up work on Monday. 

Oh yesterday I got to the meeting to cover and their fire alarm went off so we all had to go stand on the fire assembly point whilst we waited for them to check and call the register!  Then I only had one helper who bless her turned out to be a little god send to say she'd only ever helped a couple of times and only done the new members, she is a future star, once she realises how clever she is and WOW the memory she had, I've never had a memory like that, I was quite envious.

My diet wasn't the best yesterday, I had 2 small slices of toast and butter for breakfast (8pp), a caramac for lunch, which I saw in the shop and thought to myself "oooo I haven't had one of them for years", then after eating it I realised it wasn't all that and that's why I hadn't had one for years, especially as I worked it out at 5pp!  My tea was a Naked Chow Mein stir fry Noodles thing that I bought a few weeks back because the packet seduced me, it was 11pp of why did I bother!   I wasn't impressed at all  And If I'm being 100% honest I had one of the cookies, okay two of the cookies I've been baking in the meeting, I've done well really as I've not had one at every meeting I've baked them in, I reckon I've had 7 in total over the week, they are tasty thought, Ginger Oat Cookies, the recipes in the March Weight Watcher magazine, nom nom, it's also in the new WW cookbook.

The plan today is once my meetings done, I'm meeting up with an old friend I haven't seen in a few years for a coffee, then later mom and I will watch last night's Big Brother final, we couldn't stay awake to watch it, but can we make it trhough the day without being told who won it!  Probably not but hey ho.

Ooo just seen a WW recipe for potato cheese soup 4pp that's looks delicious on Pinterest

Potato Cheese Soup

Serves 6, 4pp prep time 18min cook time 30min


1 spray(s) cooking spray   
 
1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped   
 
2 medium uncooked carrot(s), coarsely grated   

3/4 tsp table salt   

1/2 tsp black pepper   

1/2 tsp paprika   

1/2 tsp dry mustard   
 
1 pound(s) uncooked potato(es), cut into 1/2-inch cubes (use small red potatoes)   
 
29 fl oz reduced sodium vegetable broth   
 
1/2 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half   

8 oz low fat cheddar cheese  

Instructions
  • Coat a medium-size non-stick pot with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; cook, stirring a few times, until carrots begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
  • Add potatoes, broth and half-and-half; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; add cheese and stir until melted. Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in batches using a regular blender). Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
Notes
  • Thyme and potatoes are a delicious combination. Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed, dried thyme with the seasonings, if desired.

That sounds delicious, I probably would use just a regular vegetable oxo cube instead of reduced sodium vegetable broth but otherwise I've got or can get the other ingredients.  Will put that on my to make/eat list. 

I need to get some organisation into my eating now I'm working that little bit longer hours, gonna go back to online shopping I think, as nipping in Sainsbury's after my Saturday morning meeting is dangerous and costly as I buy more than I need, the fridge is still full from last Saturday, I need to remind myself there's only 2 of us and a dog, not 10 of us and a pack of wolves!  I bought way too much food last week.  At least I don't need to shop this weekend which will give me time to start thinking about my online order. 

Right I better go sort mom out, then myself and get ready for my lovely new meeting this morning.

Whatever your plans are, have a great day BeYOUtiful.


No comments: