Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 December 2010

20th December 2010 facebook email

 Brrr...

Worry is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do but won't get you anywhere.

It’s minus 13 degrees outside according to my thermometer, that’s just a little bit silly again isn’t it!

I went for lunch yesterday with my friend at Tumbledown farm, it was supposed to be the nearest thing I’d get to a Christmas dinner this year as I wasn’t going to bother myself, OMG awful, I’ve never tasted gravy quite like it and I think they secretly got mom to make the sponge cos it was overcooked just like she used to make. I did get to taste one thing there that was absolutely delicious though (shame I didn’t just have that and nothing else!) and that was Edamame beans, the were superb, cooked and tossed in ginger, garlic, soy and chilli. The edamame bean (pronounced Ed-a-marm-me) is a green vegetable more commonly known as a soya bean, which is harvested at the peak of ripening. The word Edamame means “beans on branches”, as it grows in clusters on bushy branches. It’s also a complete protein source and high in fibre, vitamin C and folic acid. You just squeeze the seeds directly from the pods into your mouth with your fingers and they were seriously divine. I’m just gutted I’ll probably never have them again as there’s no way I’d go back there, it was dreadful both the food and the service – the company was excellent though.

Here’s an idea sent to me by Karen for those of you that enjoy having chips and dip, inspired by Nigella.

Zero PP spicy dip

One jar of roasted red peppers (in brine, Asda sell them for £1 a jar) blend to a pulp in food processor. Add the stalks from a bunch of coriander, a clove of garlic and two fresh red chillies (seeds in if you like it really hot, removed if you don't. Season with salt. Add juice of half a lemon.

Blend again until everything is finely blended. Turn out into a dipping bowl. Gorgeous!!

Karen says she used some propoints and “cut a Tortilla wrap (3pp) into small Dorito like triangles and baked in the oven till crisp. (About five mins on 150 c) and scoffed the lot. It was blinking gorgeous and loads fewer points than regular dip and chip combos so it's going to be a regular feature on the buffet table over the holiday.”

Sounds like a plan!

Only 5 sleeps till Christmas and I only have 3 days left at work and I’m praying this snow goes away and no more come, at least it hasn’t stopped me walking Alfie so I’m still getting some exercise, the roads were ok yesterday actually I went to the shops and to Cannock (they hadn’t had as much snow as we had).

I hope to see you on the scales this week for your last weigh in with me of 2010! And remember if you’re coming Wednesday morning we’re going to have a bit of a party, so bring a plate of goodies with you, 8.-11am.

Hope its not a Manic Monday for you today xx

No comments: