Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 12 December 2010

12th December 2010 facebook email

Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person.

Well I was full of energy yesterday, sure does make a difference to your energy levels eating the right food! I spent a few hours in the kitchen, all the recipes were from the new Weight Watchers Seriously Satisfying cook book., made the most delicious dish, “spiced beef sarb” (page 72) , it’s not too hot or spicy just flavoursome and delicious and I’m going to cook it again today and freeze some, might try it with turkey mince and save a few ProPoints and I will serve it with Roasted Butternut squash in the week.

I’ve just checked mince and the different ProPoints,
Beef 100g = 6
Beef (extra lean) 100g = 4
Turkey 100g = 3
Quorn 100g = 2
Soya 100g = 2
I also made Beef & Ale pot pie (p120) which was very tasty too and looked great as you can see ;-)
The quick beef stew on page 106 is now in the freezer ready for next week. I also made that cottage pie recipe I posted the other day, but I had to add an extra stock cube to give it a bit more flavour.

As I enjoyed myself and I’ve got some filo pastry left I’m going to spend a couple of hours again and fill my freezer so I don’t have to cook much before Christmas.

I also took mom and Alfie for a walk; the ice has finally gone from everywhere, thank goodness so we might venture over Cannock Chase today. A brisk walk is an easy way of earning extra Pro Points, my pedometer tells me everyday that I’m earning between 3 and 10 additional Pro Points which at this time of year more than any other when I want to eat big plates of Beef & Ale pie, I can go have a second helping because of that extra walking I did.

Are you active at the moment or has hibernation set in because of the dark nights and cold weather? There is always something you can do to keep active, it’s just finding something you enjoy, whether that’s dancing round the living room or joining a Zumba class.

Don’t forget you’ve got that weekly ProPoints allowance of 49 but it’s not a never-ending allowance so if you need a few more, then you need to move a bit more!

Have a super Sunday xx

No comments: