Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 11 December 2010

11th December 2010

It is not the great temptations that ruin us; it is the little ones. John W. DeForest

I woke up at stupid o’clock this morning so I’m gonna actually do that cooking that I was supposed to do yesterday, I did fetch the ingredients but I had leftover beef stew to eat and went for a super long walk with Alfie instead, he got to go off his lead and have a run round which he loved. By the time I’d done all that it was afternoon and I was ready for tv time!

Shopping yesterday was extremely difficult for me, I managed to stick to my list and will aim to make sure I have a list for the rest of the month because the temptation of all the Christmas food is too much, I think I need to steer clear of the big supermarkets and stick to the local greengrocers and maybe nip to co-op for anything else, it may cost me a little more in cash but it will mean I’m not buying all the goodies there!

So I’ll be cooking three meals out of the new Seriously Satisfying cook book today and they are quick beef stew, which I can freeze to eat in the week, beef and ale pot pies, and spiced beef larb (also freezable). I’ve only just realised they’re all beef, mmm, I like beef what can I say! I’m also gonna make a cottage pie and a creamy leek dish with Colman type sachets, if I have time but that maybe tomorrow as I have other stuff planned today.

Mmm here’s a quick and easy pudding recipe that’s low in pro points so you have a few leftover for a glass of wine ;-)

Banoffee pie pots

Serves 2, prep time 5mins, 3 Pro Points each

1 medium Banana, sliced
1 Ginger Nut Biscuit
2 heaped tablespoons Dulce de Leche (it’s a jar of sticky toffee stuff)
2½ tablespoons 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
10 g Chocolate, Milk, grated

Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and smash until it resembles breadcrumbs. Split between two ramekins or glasses. Top each with 1 tablespoon dulce de leche. This is very sticky so be patient, but it doesn’t have to be neat. Lay the banana slices on top of and spoon over the yogurt. Grate a bit of chocolate on top and serve.

Here’s a tip I found in a magazine - Make it milk

Instead of glugging a bottle if water after your workout, have a glass of milk. A study has found it could speed up fat loss due to the combination of calcium, protein and vitamin D, which helps build muscle and break down fat. Milk also ensures you get the calcium your body needs.

Enjoy the weekend. xx

No comments: