Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 December 2010

10th December 2010 facebook email

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. Franklin D Roosevelt

What a fabulous week, 6 members achieved their goal weight and yesterday Margaret received her 10-year gold star, and Toni received her 6-year gold star what an achievement! What was brilliant about some of those achieving gold was the fact they’ve been with me for a few years and it was the boost of the new ProPoints plan that helped them get that last half stone off. I’m always so proud of all my members, but this weeks been truly special for me.

Well I made the sausage casserole using Richmond’s skinless thin sausages and was shocked at how much fat came out of them! No wonder sausages are so high in Pro Points.

If you remembered to take a copy of “Your Week”, you have to make the Mince Pie Pin Wheels, they’re delicious, one of my girls made them for us last night and at one propoint each you can have 7 of those or 1 mince pie and trust me the 7 is superior.

Today I’m going to be mostly cooking once I’ve finished my paperwork and I’m fancying Bobotie on page 94 of the new Seriously Satisfying cookbook, which is a South African recipe that’s ready in 40 minute, prep & cook time! Ooo or maybe sweet & sticky pork only take 30 minutes, although I think I’ll keep those for next week though when I need something quick, I want to cook something I can freeze, there’s a quick beef stew that’s ready in 30 minutes which can be frozen or creamy chicken pies that only take 30 minutes, I like the ‘make it fast’ section of this cookbook. OMG there’s the most delicious looking Beef & Ale pot pies, yep sorted that’s what I’m making today for sure, ooo and I could also be tempted to do Moroccan lamb skewers or pork with sweet potato mash. Oh dear it’s too early in the morning to get this excited about food! One more, spiced beef larb, takes 20m and looks divine, and freezable, yep, that looks like a takeaway at home. Right I’m gonna stop looking now cos I can’t take all the pictures of food when I have so much work to do.

So until you get your hands on a copy of the new ProPoints cookbook, here’s a nice recipe I had by email yesterday;

Sweet Potato Cottage Pie - A classic given a makeover...

Serves 2 at 10 pp each

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil (4pp)
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g / 7 oz extra lean beef mince (9pp)
2 carrots, peeled and diced
100g / 3 ½ oz swede, peeled and diced
1 tbsp tomato purée
150ml / ¼ pt reduced salt vegetable stock (vegetable stock / bouillon cube crumbled into 150ml boiling water)
230ml / 8 fl.oz boiling water
1 bay leaf
2 medium (300g) sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly diced (8pp)

(1) Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and the mince, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 mins, or until the onion has softened and the mince is browned.

(2) Add the carrot, swede, tomato purée, stock, water and bay leaf. Simmer for 15 mins, or until the sauce has reduced.

(3) Meanwhile, cook the sweet potatoes in a boiling pan of water for 15 mins, or until soft. Then mash. Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan 170°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.

(4) Pour the mince mix into a pie dish. Spoon the mashed sweet potato over the top, then bake for 10 mins, or until golden and bubbling.

Have a delicious day xx

No comments: