Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 19 December 2010

19th December 2010

Emotion is energy in motion. Peter McWilliams

I’ve decided next year is the year I’m going to get good in the kitchen, I can already manage to cook a meal and I’m getting better but I’d like to have my own set of recipes that I can enjoy and cook regularly, quickly of course because I’m a busy bird! And don’t worry I’ll be sharing my knowledge with you. I’ve bought Nigellas and Jamies latest books so because of the snow spend yesterday looking through Nigellas for ideas, I’ve already pointed a couple of Jamies, he always uses way to much olive oil but that doesn’t mean we have to! Then I have lots and lots of old Weight Watcher books and I have been ProPointing some of my favourites.

Some of the recipes are just not suitable for eating on a regular basis, I found a nigella spaghetti dish yesterday that had 29 ProPoints per serving, that would be my entire day’s allowance gone in one meal! That would have to taste tremendous to be worth those points. I did find some really good recipes though and I’m thinking of doing a Budget Bev’s Bites in the new year because we’re all gonna be skint, I already am ;) December’s not the best month for me workwise and with this snow it’ll be all over until January. I’m just hoping we can get away next week for our break and so is my nephew who gets my house to himself.

I found it quite amusing yesterday when I checked facebook at how many people were bored because they couldn’t get out, I’m rarely bored, I always find something to do. Although I have to admit telly was a bit dull so we didn’t watch much of that.

Instead I made a chicken casserole and started on planning my week of menus for my holiday, I just hope they have a half descent kitchen.

Now lamb might not be the cheapest meat but sometimes I treat myself and here’s a nice recipe I found yesterday. At Christmas, there’s always a bottle of port in my house!

Lamb with rosemary and port

ProPoints® Value: 10

Servings: 2

1 tablespoons Oil, Olive
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 medium, Boneless Leg Lamb Steaks

For the sauce;
1 tablespoons Butter
1 sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh
1 clove(s) Garlic
4 tablespoons Port

Mix together the oil and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, then smear this over the steaks, either with a pastry brush or by dipping the steaks directly into the bowl.

Heat a heavy-based frying pan and cook the steaks for about 3 minutes a side, depending on the thickness of the steak and how you like it done.

Wrap them in foil to rest on a warm plate or in a warm place, while you make the sauce. With the pan still on the heat, but turned down low, add the butter and let it melt, then finely chop the needles from the rosemary sprig and add them to the pan.

Peel and crush or finely chop the garlic clove into the pan, then pour in the port, letting it sizzle and reduce slightly. Unwrap the steaks and add any juices from the foil parcel to the sauce. Then put the steaks onto plates and pour the sauce over them.

Serve with green beans or any vegetable of your choice.

For an extra 4 propoints you could serve this with 200g potatoes each, boiled or mashed, or a crusty bread roll for dunking.
Enjoy your snowed in Sunday! xx

No comments: