Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 23 December 2010

23rd December 2010

Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough.

I can’t sleep so I may as well be up and doing! If I’ve just woke you up with a FB alert to your phone, turn it off or at least stop sleeping with it ;)

So yesterday was my last day at work this year and what a year it’s been, my first meeting of the year was accompanied by a load of snow and so was the last one! On 5th of January this year I held my first meeting and a lady named Margaret joined and when I weighed her yesterday she was 60lb lighter, that’s over 4 stone – WOW! Not only has her appearance changed but her health has improved and she even got to go to a garden party at the palace and see the queen in between loving fabulous! What a year she’s had and so many of you have your stories and I’m so proud of each and every one of you. Two more members got to goal yesterday too, so let’s all remember ProPoints gives each of us the knowledge we need to lose our weight and maintain a happy healthy lifestyle.

This is probably the last email you’ll get from me until I get back from Devon, or maybe not if I get a moment and I’ve got an internet connection it may not be. I might send you copies of the recipes I hope to be making whilst I’m away. We’ll see!

I plan to spend my Christmas chilling out, cooking, drinking, reading and watching tv and walking Alfie on the beach – YAY!

However you plan to spend your Christmas break or even if you’re working, take care and enjoy. Don’t worry about your weight for a few days, be happy in the knowledge that you can lose weight next year.

Holidays are not an excuse to go crazy, but they are also not a time to cause yourself distress. This week, the guidelines are:

1. Enjoy yourself.

2. Eat what looks wonderful, pass on the ordinary. In other words, choose the scrumptious!

3. Take the time to enjoy the food. Try to determine what, if anything, looks especially good to you? You might gain some insight into why particular foods call to you.

4. Smile all day long like you know a secret. People will go crazy trying to figure out what's "different" about you.

5. Do not think you must consume the leftovers. The week between Christmas and New Year's is not annual "Eat the Leftovers" week but instead it's a regular week like any other. If you have lots of goodies staring at you, get rid of them, give them away (there are plenty of people with nothing, be generous), freeze them for next weekend, throw them away (yes, you read that right, throw them away).

There's no law that says we must eat the broken biscuits. Go ahead and enjoy some, but it's not necessary to stuff as much in as possible. Really, it's not. There will be other boxes of chocolates, other biscuits, other crisps, there will be other holidays!

This is the time to reflect on the year gone by and look toward the new. Next year is going to be excellent.

I wish you all a happy holiday, and above all else, enjoy yourself today and everyday. Having an indulgence is fun, so go ahead and treat yourself, but switch from indulging regularly and eating well once in awhile, to eating well regularly and indulging once in awhile and you'll see the pounds start to disappear.

It’s been a privilege to weigh and support you all throughout 2010 and a joy to watch so many of you lose weight, achieve your goals, change in your physical appearance but also watch you grow in confidence. Next year lets continue the success and share it with others.

I can’t wait to see you all step on my Scales that first meeting in January and whatever they say, you’re gonna smile and me and say, “I’ve had a really good Christmas!”

Take care, love you all

Bev
xx

No comments: