Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 December 2010

9th December 2010 facebook email

It is easier to believe than to doubt. Everett D. Martin
Great week so far, 4 members have reached their goals and are now members of the exclusive Weight Watcher gold club and the average weight loss is 2lb per person, which is inspiring in this weather and this close to Christmas. My meetings run until December 22nd and return in the New Year on January 4th. If you feel the need to get weighed inbetween those dates then check with Weight Watchers for which meetings are open.

Regarding Facebook, if you want me to answer a question, email me direct as I don’t always see the comments written on the group or page and I’ve just noticed that the new layout isn’t letting me comment on them now anyway!
I had a delicious beef casserole yesterday, I cheated and used a Colman’s mix and I’m actually glad I did because I wouldn’t have made it taste that good had I not. I’ve also bought a Colman’s Sausage & Onion Casserole recipe mix which is 4pp for the packet, the only thing you add to it that’s ProPointed are the sausages and a pound of sausage is approx 39pp or you could use a pound of quorn sausages for 14pp or Weight Watchers sausages for 17pp, I’m going to be using Richmond thin sausages (31pp) because that’s what I’ve got in my freezer! Four meals for 9pp each not bad, I’m going to serve it with Kale and carrots mmm and mash potatoes for an added 4pp. Now that’s a comforting and filling winter meal for 13pp, you could wash it down with a glass of wine (6pp) or a mince pie (7pp) or even a mulled wine (recipe below) which you can counterbalance with a zero pointed soup for lunch.

The new Weight Watchers Seriously Satisfying Cookbook has arrived, I’m going to cook a few things from it Friday, I was supposed to be driving to London for the day but with the weather I’ve decided to stay home, so I shall have an afternoon in the kitchen I think. I also fancy cooking the Mince pie pin wheels in this week’s edition of YOUR WEEK.

Mulled Wine

ProPoints® Value: 3
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

The inviting smell of spices combined with the hot wine will have all your senses tingling!

Ingredients
300 ml Water, (1/2 pint)
425 ml Grape Juice, (3/4 pint) unsweetened red
2 tablespoons Sugar, Muscovado, dark or light
1 teaspoons Ginger, Root, fresh (or 1/2 tsp ground ginger) (grated)
4 individual Cloves, Whole or Ground
2 teaspoons Cinnamon, (2 sticks)
1 medium Lemon, sliced
700 ml Wine, Red, 1.25 pints

Put water, grape juice, sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon sticks into a very large saucepan. Heat gently until just below boiling point. Add wine and reheat gently. Do not allow mixture to get too hot.

Pour into a punch bowl or jug and serve hot.

If you haven’t got all the individual spices, you can buy a mulled wine spice pack which would do the job.

So comfort eat carefully in this cold weather and you can still lose weight.
xx

No comments: