Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 25 January 2024

Will I lose, gain or stay the same?

Thursday 25th January 2024

Starting day 25 of tracking and it's weigh day, wish me luck!  Am I 100% happy with my progress?   yes I am because I'm still on it, yes I'm not always making the best choices, there are still lthing I'd like to change, some of those things easier than others but I'm setting the groundwork for sure and I'm thrilled with that, especially as it's January, a horrible month, I've had a birthday, my emotions are ridiculous up and down since removing the HRT patch, I'm waiting on my 'urgent' cancer appointment so yeah I'm really pleased with how I'm handling all this and still thinking about what I'm eating.  I do need to cut back on the wine again though because quantity of that has gone up again, since that appointment, one step at a time, one day at a time and yesterday I chose not to have wine, I did the same Sunday so that's progress, 2 wine free days. 

I also went to the gym after our huddle and managed 30 mins on the recumbent bike covering 10km and 5 mins on treadmill just to try and get used to walking but I had to stop, it was hurting me in the bum cheek and down my leg to my foot - yay, gotta love sciatia, thank you spondylolisthesis and my bulging disk for the pain you're giving me to remind me I'm still alive!  

After the gym I met my bestie in Ego's for lunch, not seen her for ages so it was lovely to catch up. She fancied the sharing board starter, which was nice, I loved the chorizo and halloumi skewers, the calamari was okay too, red pepper tapenade is tasty, you've got to love a dip but I could take or leave the fishcakes and falafel.   



For my main I had Courgette and Sweetcorn fritters, I was full no time it was tasty but the more I ate it the greasier and heavier it felt which was telling me I'd had enough so I stopped.  

  



I like to order things I've not had before to try, I was looking forward to dukka but there was only a sprinkle so didn't really taste anything.  I will definitely try to make carrot, raisin and orange salad as a side dish in the future, really tasty, there was a few chick peas in there too which added to the texture.  

I didn't eat again once home, I actually felt a bit sick from too much food, heartburn and indigestion causes the sicky feeling so something else I think I'm finally going to have to admit defeat on and go to doctors maybe.  Although I'm getting this hospital appointment out of the way first, I'm giving myself another month to make 'diet' changes and see if they help because the changes I've made so far have helped.  

The boys had beef madras, I'd put beef stewing meat and a couple of pouches of spice magic hot madras curry sauce (from farm foods) in the slow cooker and it cooked it beautifully, left it on low from about 7 till 4 and it was perfect beef!  

Yeah more planning with my meals, more thought!  I've got a supermarket shop coming tomorrow, I had a 25% off voucher for Ocado so couldn't resist.  Looking at it though, I've most ordered none edible stuff!  I have ordered some food though, all of the offers I went for but only stuff we'd eat and that's not going to blow my calorie bank!  

There was a curry type deal so I went for Thai, we can have that with rice one night, the boys can have Naan, I won't, not fussed by them happy with a couple of poppodoms.  

I've ordered burgers as I've fancied them for a while, not ordered the baps so will look what's the best option or maybe not have the bap,nah I want the bap!

I've finally ordered a fish pie mix, so can make one maybe Friday when I have the day free, I've bought the jumbo fish fingers cos they're way nicer, we could have them in wraps or with mash and vggies.  Finally salmon fillets because they were on a real offer and I'll freeze at least half of them I might do the other 3 with couscous or bulgar wheat (need to buy some first though DOH!) I've just added them to the basket, love one click where you can just add one more thing without having to go in and edit the whole basket and check out again!  

Right I'm all sorted with meal ideas for the foreseeable, I've got plenty of fruit, get back on the porridge rather than skipping meals, I think that will help with my stomach issues, skipping meals seems to make it worse! 

Here's hoping for a great result at the scales, I'll take 1/2lb bearing in my it's been my birthday, I've been out twice and had what I fancied, I had a kebab on my actual birthday, so yeah I'll take a maintain won't I but I'd love a loss!  I really want to sort myself out, I watched another episode of the Channel 4 supermarket shop programme where Michael Mosley goes to help a couple in their home, the one I watched last night, she was overweight and her mood was low but after just 5 weeks of making changes so many things had improved including her mood, that's what I want to see happen.

Stop talking, start doing!  Have a great day xx

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: