Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 16 January 2024

Make it happen!

 Tuesday 16th January 2024


Does it get easier, this weight loss lark?  Mmmm, yes and no would be my reply, some things get easier, especially as I'm thinking before eating and planning our meals but temptation is still there, I like good food and I love red wine (now sing that bit to the tune of 'I like big bums and I cannot lie', go on 'I like food and I love red wine', yeah I know, it's 7 o'clock in the morning and that's how my brains working already, what chance do I have!  So no, I'll never find it EASY not whilst there's a bottle of red wine in my house or delicious food in my fridge, that's part of who I am.  I can however make it easier by eating good, healthy food as opposed to junk that won't fill me up.

I had a very, busy day yesterday, I got my domestic goddess on.  Oh yes, I give my house a complete top to bottom clean, I even did Aryns room because when I opened the door, I was not leaving it that way, he's been warned in the past, he doesn't want me in there but I said if he didn't do it himself, I would, so I did and ma'an did I feel better having done the whole house.  It took me all day, well till about 1pm, so not all day at all :) actually I then went to Sainsburys for food and carried on doing the house when I got back, I needed a break in-between because of my pain, I finally stopped at 2.45pm, I remember now because I sat down to plan our huddle chat for this week.

Just checked my fitbit, I clocked up 10,482 steps, only 11 in the active zone but that's okay, I still burned 2,554 calories throughout the day.  I've had 8 hours sleep so all is good there too and I've already done 1,348 steps and 12 zone minutes so go me, it's gonna be a great day.

I've planned our meals and yesterday we had what was going to be a spag bol, but it was made with leftover beef that I just diced small, I used linguine and I added some Louisiana hot chilli sauce, it was delicious for 811 calories, I'd eat it again for sure and I managed to hide some veggies in there too.  Aryn and I ate ours together, he can have his for his lunch today, it's in the fridge or it'll freeze.

  

Himself is a lot better, well he went for his first drink in a month yesterday anyways so I got a quiet night in :) so I took myself off to bed because as lovely and tidy clean my house is, it showed in my body, my knee felt like it had been hit by a hammer and I was hurting in most places so lying down was my favourite option, I did put the tele on but feel asleep straight away because I can't even remember what I was watching!  

It was lovely getting up to a tidy house, I wished we were tidier individuals but we're not and I doubt we ever will be.  

Anyway back to food, I bought a cooked chicken in Sainsbury's on offer for the same price as a small uncooked on, that'll be a meal, I love those ready cooked chickens, not sure how I'll serve it yet.

I also bought fish in batter, now I was going to buy the 4 cod ones that were on offer for £4.50 but when I went to the next aisle they had fish in batter 2 for £2, plus they were bigger, white fish is white fish, they'll do the job!  That's another meal.  I've also bought Hoisin sauce and will make that taco recipe but use quorn mince that I bought last week.  

I wanted a fish pie but the one had prawns in, I felt they were expensive too, will maybe nip to Farm Foods for fish and make my own.  I've bought baking spuds we can have jackets, again not sure of topping but you can't beat cheese can you really, everything in moderation!  

I've still got some beef left and some gravy from Sunday so I'm going to make a cottage pie type dish today, we could have it today or freeze for another day.  That joint has done 3 or 4 meals, it's a bargain (10) Facebook Aberdeen black silverside beef from Taylors, it was on offer Saturday too, I missed it, not sure if it still is, but definitely will have more when it is, it's the best beef I've ever had and it's not just because it's being cooked in the air fryer because I cooked one in the oven in Ireland. 

Looking forward to our huddles, lots to discuss in the chat, making changes and losing weight shouldn't be drastic, extreme diets don't work, you have to make build long term, realistic habits that you can keep up. 

On that note, I'm off to think about what to do for breakfast, I had cottage cheese yesterday, yeah on it's own straight from the pot, the one with pineapple it, bloomin delicious it was and it kept me satisfied for hours too surprisingly, high protein and low in fat, good for me and I like the taste too.

Let's have a tremendous Tuesday, day 16 of tracking for me

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx




No comments: