Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 19 January 2024

I'm in no rush this time...

Friday 19th January 2024


I lost 1/2lb yesterday and I'll take that, don't get me wrong I'd love more but I want this to continue to happen every week and when I lose a lot, I don't keep it up, I fall off the weight loss wagon and gain it back.  This year my plan is 1/2lb a week and when Elle and I were chatting yesterday, I remembered they say that every 1lb lost takes 4lb of pressure off your joints and that means for me 1/2lb is 2lb of pressure a week lifted, it also means the 19lb I've lost so far is 76lb of pressure, not that's making me feel better! 

I googled and found this info to confirm this theory;

"Messier’s study concluded that for every 1 lb. of weight loss that occurred, there was a resulting 4-lb. reduction in knee joint load or knee pressure. Furthermore, it was suggested that individuals who lost 10 lbs. would be subject to a total of 48,000 less pounds of pressure for every mile walked."

That's a real motivator for me!  Don't get me wrong the article also states that not all knee pain is caused by being overweight. For instance, individuals who have arthritis or disrupted cartilage in the knee joint may not see any benefit while others may respond differently and gain some benefit without being 100 percent pain free.  I'm still gonna believe it will and from people I've seen lose weight who have arthritis and other issues it still has made a difference. 

I had an on track day yesterday despite being gifted a birthday cheese and onion pie from my sister, I took it to work and shared it with Elle and a couple of others who thought they'd died and gone to heaven being able to experience the formidable, legendary pie!  I still finished under my allowance :) 

Happy birthday to me :) yep 54 years of age and feeling every minute of it!  At least he's remembered this year because he said happy birthday when he went to the loo this morning, gave me a cuddle and went back to sleep.  

I'm sat here with my mug of tea, thinking about what my plans for food are today, yes it's my birthday but I'm having a meal out tomorrow night.  There's nothing I'm craving at the minute, maybe a pizza but not a big ugly takeaway one, just a normal out of the box one, I have some frozen cheese and tomato ones, or maybe he'll take me out for lunch, I'm not fussed though.  I'm into pasta at the minute, I'm thinking what's in the kitchen, I have some courgettes, a cauli that needs using, there's a few cauli and pasta ideas on Pinterest, mmm maybe.

I love the house when they're both asleep and I have control of the remote and it's peaceful, I've got another ten minutes if I'm lucky!  

Here's to a calm day, a lovely birthday with no drama, 

Enjoy your day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you xx