Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 31 January 2024

All clear :)

Wednesday 31st January 2024


Let's start with the fab news that my hospital appointment went great, all clear nothing to worry about and I have to say the staff were wonderful.  My appointment at the doctors was January 8th and you can't complain at that turnaround all done before the end of the month.  Such a relief that I don't have cancer or anything else going on down there it was just the HRT patches causing the bleeding.  Going forward if I want to try HRT again there are other options but I'm going to see how I go for a month with my change in diet, exercise and the fact that as Spring arrives moods all round lift!  We've all been ill this month in my house, that's going to affect my mood as is the fact I'm in constant pain from my Spondylolithesis which after having to lie on my back with my legs up in those stirrups was just horrid last night, I pathetically cried myself to sleep 🙄

I've managed sleep though with the help of some painkillers, I'm learning lots by doing my own research which will hopefully help.  I did call about my referral to orthopaedic spinal clinic and the waiting list is approximately 53 weeks so I need to try and do something now and help myself!  Lose weight, strengthen my core but only doing certain exercises as other ones can make it worse and low impact exercises like walking.  I'll get there!

I've managed to track the entire month and it's getting easier, I've not had wine for a week and not only haven't I missed it but I haven't had any indigestion or heartburn either, that in itself is worth not drinking.  Yes it tastes nice and yes it does numb my pain but no more than painkillers when it's at its worse.  I've always been a drinker and I really enjoy my wine but when I got to the point that I was drinking every day it was because my life had got a bit shit looking after mom, it was helping me zone it all out the repetitiveness, the extreme behaviour but guess what, my life's pretty damn good now, I don't  need to zone out.  Yeah we've all been poorly this month but when himself said 2024 has been crap last night, I replied when January ain't been great but that's only one month.

Not drinking every day also means I can spend more calories on delicious meals and yesterday we had this one, cheap too, cost about £3 a head.  I know the presentation could do with some work but I was in so much pain putting it out, I didn't care. 

  

both of these are delicious, the joint is £2.99 in the freezer section in Aldi, the potatoes are £2.19 a pack, I bought 2 and shared between the 3 of us.  So good!

 
Elle held the fort yesterday morning but I was back last night feeling great about my results trying to ignore the pain lol. 

Today we're having salmon I'm going to do it with Couscous but I'm also going to cook a pack of bulger wheat that I got from the Polish shop, they're boil in the bags so I'll cook for us all to try a bit, see what we think of it.  I need some veg to go with that, not sure what's left in the fridge, we have frozen peas and beans but I want a variety in my week.

Despite my pain, I managed a 20 minute walk with Aryn on the afternoon, no wonder I was in pain yesterday, I hadn't realised I'd done over 10k steps just looked at my fitbit. It was all the walking round the hospital finding where I needed to go I guess. 


I'm still gonna go to the gym even if it's only to do a few core exercises and a little on the bike, little and often!

Right that's me, I'm off to get ready for the huddle this morning! Have a great day,

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: