Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 11 January 2024

It's weigh day for me - eek!

Thursday 11th January 2024

Another day in the bag, I slightly went over my allowance but only by 101 calories, I'm not gonna cry over that, I'm doing well and I ate good food.  What did we eat?  Well I had 40g porridge for breakfast, I like it uncooked, just soak it in 100ml of skimmed milk and a bit of sugar, I had 1 tsp heaped but it was too much, will have less next time., I could eat that regularly as a quick, go to start to my day. 


lunch was an HelloFresh side dish, I ended up having it all by myself as himself had a late breakfast, don't be fooled by salad, Beetroot, Greek Style Cheese & Walnut Side Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing and Rocket and that bowl set me back 664 calories!  It was really tasty and filling so worth it, surprising amount of fat in the bowl, 47.8g of which 8.6g was saturated and it shows as red, we are allowed some fat though, the green, amber and red are just there to make you aware, if the rest of your day is low - it's okay.

Unfortunately mine wasn't because we had lamb meatballs for tea, which added more fat and saturated fats, taking me over on my day but again I was in credit the two days previous, so it's all about balance!  

This meal I wouldn't want again, there was way too many strong flavours going on!  Rosemary Lamb Meatballs and Cheesy Mash with Redcurrant Jus and Roasted Carrots and because Aryn doesn't do cooked carrots, I also did the side dish Orange and Pine Nut Buttery Green Beans with Garlic and Shallot.  The carrots and mash were sound, orange doesn't work with green beans in my opinion and there was too much rosemary in the meatballs, topped with a very sweet jus.  Nah, not one we'd do again, although himself ate the lot, but his tastebuds are muted by his cold aren't they, he's still not well, I'm starting to be a little concerned, if he doesn't improve, he's going back to the doctors, pneumonia keeps going round my head! 

I only did 20 minutes at the gym, didn't want to overdo it with being in such pain, plus I started bleeding AGAIN and I'm exhausted from it, nearly fell asleep yesterday afternoon, we were in bed by 8 and we've slept, I've had 8 1/2 hours, waking a few times to try and rearrange my body!  

SO what will the scales say today?  It's my new weigh day, mostly so that Elle can weigh me as we're too busy by the time Elle gets to us on Tuesdays.  What would I like to be my results - a stone!  What am I expecting?  I've decided I'm going to aim for 1/2lb a week, that'd be 2 stone by Christmas and I'd be chuffed to be 2 stone lighter, last year I managed to overall maintain the weight I'd lost the previous year.  I'm 16lb lighter than when I started recording it on the nutracheck app and being weighed by Elle, I was probably even heavier than that at some point as mom was at her worst and when she died but we'll stick with the 16lb and continue to add to that, so at 1/2lb a week that would be 3 stone lost in total, that'll do me.  Would I like more?  Of course I would but I also don't want to be extreme and stress about it, I want the changes I make to be realistic and doable.  My app is set for me to lose 1lb a week, at the minute I'll leave it at that but it gives me leeway to change it if I need too, I'm good with 1784 calories a day right now, ooo although I've just checked and it goes up to 2034 a day if I set it to 1/2lb a week, that's a very, tasty amount :) NO I'll leave it at 1lb for now.

Right I need to get ready for work, tell you all tomorrow how I get one, 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x


No comments: