Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 September 2023

Ninja News!

Tuesday 19th September 2023
I had a really good day yesterday, good a few things sorted that I've been putting off for a while, then I ended up at the gym for a swim before my pain management group.  I managed 40 lengths not bad as I've not been going regularly to swim as I was doing the group and the gym with Aryn and there's only so many hours and so much energy in a day.  Aryn's not been to the gym for a few weeks, he's back at school isn't he and he didn't get fit in a week so the gyms not all that I guess.  

He made tiger bread at school yesterday, this is not helping me stay on track at all!  Especially when it's still warm!  We had a chicken hotpot for tea that I'd picked up at Costco at the weekend, I wasn't impressed, there was a flavour in it that I taste in a lot of ready meals and I don't like it, don't get me wrong, the ingredients were bang on, the chicken was cooked to perfection, it's just that taste for me, I think it's a tomato, pepper thing, himself rang to say he'd really enjoyed it proving it was absolutely okay, the couple that recommended it were fans weren't they.

Anyway, it happens but there's nothing worse than looking forward to your dinner all day and it being a disappointment!  Thankfully I'd put a corn on the cob on the plate which was delicious :) 

Oh I finally took the plunge and treated myself, TopCashback  when I checked it was offering me a percentage if I ordered something from Ninja, then Ninja was offering me 10% off Shark - Landing page (soreto.com) plus I'd found the 10.5l one that is 2 drawers or can be 1 drawer and that's what sold it to me, I wanted the option to be able to roast a big beef joint or a leg of lamb and with this I can.  I'm excited to get it, so it should've been £269.99, I paid £242.99 and I'll get £17.21 from TopCash plus £2.42 from my UW cashback card.  It all makes a difference, it cost me £223.36 not a bad saving at all and hopefully it'll save me pounds on the bills.  Looking after the pennies as they say. 

I can't wait for it to arrive for me to have a play and try out a few recipes in there, so if you have any recommendations, let me know.

After a few episodes of The Walking Dead, I went up to lie in bed and give Strictly another change, yeah it turns out it's great for helping me sleep because I was spark out by 7pm!  I slept till 6 this morning and apart from Minnie trying to wake me up since just gone 4 dive bombing my bedroom door, I managed to sleep through, Fitbits saying 9hrs 58m sleep.  Poor old Coco has spent the night in the alley thanks to Aryn going to get a can of diet coke last night, which is probably what Minnie was trying to tell me.  I've given him a handful of treats to cheer him up.  Another 'repeated' conversation to be had with the teenager this morning, it might sink in one day...

Weigh day, I do hope I've managed a loss, gotta be realistic though I lost 2.5lb last week on my 7 in 7 challenge so I'm in credit.  Two weeks gone already, how quickly time passes. Well unless you're waiting for your results from your MRI, that time seems to be dragging, it'll be 4 weeks on Sunday and they said it could take up to 6 weeks to get the results.  I'm intrigued to hear what they show, as I can't stand still in a Pilates class for a few minutes without the pain in my leg being horrid but I can fold myself in half on the floor and do other Pilates moves and no pain at all!  

What to eat today?  I might have eggs on toast for brunch when I get back from this mornings huddles, then I have chicken breasts that I need to decide what to do with, bought a big pack from Costco, thought I could do a batch cook and freeze the rest - any suggestions?

I'm watching Good Morning Britain on ITVx and it went to the local weather, when it came back the newsreader said, 'apologies that was Monday's weather, we'll find Tuesday's the next time you come back', hilarious, but how great would it be if you could choose the weather from any day to have today :)  

Here's to a great day regardless of the weather, 

mwah, luv ya 

Love me 


 

No comments: