Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 September 2023

I love my 'ordinary' life

Tuesday 5th September 2023


After a busy weekend, I had a quiet Monday, got all the washing done, tidied up a bit, planned this weeks huddle chat and that filled my morning.  Breakfast was tomatoes on toast with some mozzarella, can you believe that came to over 600 calories, oops lurpak and cheese adds up doesn't it!

I went for my pain management programme, so a 30 minute workout thrown in there on cardio and a little weights, stretching is key, it makes such a difference.  I tested the theory that maybe the walk I managed Saturday was because it was uphill by doing 10 minutes on the treadmill at 8%, but by minute 11 the pain started kicking in around the side of my bottom half of my leg where it usually begins.  My only other theory is adrenalin, I was buzzing so much being up there on a hill in the countryside which is a place that makes me happy that something happened in my head and blocked the pain signals, I can't think of any other reason.  I'll take it either way and keep working on building up my strength in the gym, working on my core and stamina, I will walk up a big hill at some point in the future.  I will also not rush because I know my personality, I go at everything like a bull at a gate and that's not always a good thing :) my trainer at the gym knows this too and is controlling it for me.

We were going to have a Chinese takeaway last night to finish off the holidays, one last treat before he returns to school and I get back on track but damn it doesn't open on a Monday.  I had a free bargain bucket offer on my app so we went and got that, I also got the filet-o-fish I've fancied for ages which I was really disappointed with as all it was, was bun, fish, tartare sauce and cheese.  Apparently now the pickle and lettuce is an extra you have to add on in the app!  I've never had to do that before, it's definitely out of my system though.

Aryn and I fitted in a couple more episodes of The Walking Dead, it really is addictive if you're a telly lover and it's stopping me sorting my house lol, my coffee table is covered in crap, that needs clearing today, I'll do it as soon as I finish typing because it's even getting on my nerves now.

I was in bed by 8, asleep by half past according to the fitbit, although I had a natter on the phone until 25 past so I must have gone straight to sleep after that, I've had a good 8 hours anyway and I can tell.

Here's to being a little healthier today, I could have that Chinese today but I think I'll leave it to the weekend.  I fancy spaghetti, ooo maybe topped with sardines or I have some stuffed pasta being delivered this afternoon.  I did attempt to replicate the tomato sauce from the tapas place, but I considered it an epic fail, they ate it the weekend as spag bol.  There's some sauce left in fridge, I made it Friday, it only has tomatoes, peppers, onions in, would it still be okay to eat?  As it wasn't that nice, I think I'll chuck it and have pesto sauce instead, now that I like.

Right, it's time to get ready for work, here's to a great day working on our healthy, we've got this - you in?

Mwah, luv ya

Love me  



No comments: