Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 September 2023

Cracking weekend

 Monday  18th September 2023

Well I've had a wonderful weekend and I've managed to stay on track and still have a bloody, good time.  Saturday I enjoyed a cracking good huddle, the last of the week where I talked about our Christmas Challenge, I haven't mentioned it before now because Elle didn't know about it, it was a surprise for when she got back.  Each week our members will pick their own challenge, mine this week was to cut out red meat for the week (not permanently!) as I've been eating a lot of it the last few weeks, so I've eaten a lot of chicken and fish this week, oh and eggs, I'm loving my eggs again.  

We then went to Wetherspoons for breakfast, I wanted Eggs benedict with runny poached eggs, I've fancied it since the hard boiled poached eggs I had in Bridgnorth the Sunday before and it did not disappoint :) We only just made it, got there at 3 minutes to 12, just in time to order breakfast.  What was I doing for the hour in-between you may ask :) use your imagination but it was extra exercise!  

TMI maybe but finally after over 3 weeks of bleeding since I started my HRT patches, I stopped on Friday night, I'm so relieved, I'm hoping that's it now but if it isn't we'll see what happens, I'll have a check up before the doctor prescribes anymore after the first 3 months I'm sure.

Anyway, moving on, we then drove to CostCo as we signed up a few weeks ago, tbh, I wasn't that impressed, we bought a few things, the salmon we bought was amazing, I'd go there just for that actually, it was £16kg, a little cheaper than supermarkets but Aldi do a essentials range according to their website which is cheaper.  We had it for dinner last night, it was amazing, big and thick slices, better than I've tasted in a good while.  Yeah on the whole, it's not for us, I was hoping stuff like bottled water would be cheaper but it wasn't Aldi is slightly cheaper, I think if you shop around for things you can buy in bulk, then you have no need to go there.  The fuel was 10p cheaper per litre but the queue was so long, we didn't wait.  

We chilled out for the rest of the day and for dinner we had fish and chips with peas, using up more of the fish in batter in the freezer!  Shopping smart at the minute, only buying what we need whilst trying to use up what we have.  I'll plan a few meals today I think, we have chicken hotpot in fridge ready to cook which we also bought from CostCo, again it's a huge dish, but it was also £10.95, easily serve 4, I've sent some to work with himself in a separate foil tray.  I have a feeling I'm not going to be blown away by it but we shall see. 

Sunday, we woke early so decided to go to Trentham gardens, I've never been and always wanted to have a look and it had a classic car show to keep him happy, so perfect, we spent a couple of hours there, I learn more about cars every day, I now know the point of those silly large spoilers on the back of cars :) I also know people spend ludicrous amounts of money on carbon fibre parts for cars - madness lol.

As we were driving back, he asked if there was any racing on at Hednesford and turned out there was, even better we got track side so I was able to sit in the car and watch, although we did walk down to get close to watch the last race, the noise, the speed, the smell, I love it and I can't lie, I love to see the crashes! 

We were starving when we got home so I cooked some of that salmon, I was wishing I had the larger actifry to cook it all together, I'm getting tempted and I think I might be buying one this week for sure, it should pay for itself over time by saving energy and money on bills.

And there the weekend was, now it's Monday and you know what, I love Monday's too because I love my job and my life.  Don't get me wrong, it's not always rosy, but it's damn good and two years later, I wouldn't change a thing, not a decision I made in such a short period of time initially.  Can you believe it's a year at the end of the month since we had these two crazy cats and I didn't want any more pets but oh I do love them, even if they wake me up at stupid o'clock on my day off.

Right, let's get this day started, here's to a great week.


Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x






No comments: