Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Here's to week 4 of my 7 in 7!

Tuesday 26th September 2023


Oh yes it's weigh day, I'm not as confident this morning as I have been because I didn't track at the weekend for the first time since I started my 7 in 7 challenge, it'll be interesting to see if I've added to my 4lb total this week or if I've damaged it.  Whatever it is I'll take it on the chin and carry on.  

I tracked yesterday, finished within my calories, looked forward to my steak and ale pie all day and it wasn't all that, I'd had it from Tesco on a pie and mash meal deal but I left most of the pastry, Aryn inhaled his so it must have been an okay pie, it was just me.  I did make some egg muffins for breakfast, just egg, a bit of leftover pork and a sprinkle of cheese and I had a couple of them, he ate the rest, come in the living saying, 'I like them!' and when I went in kitchen there was 3 left :) 

Nipped out to Aldi to do my food shop, bought a couple of pizzas to try, we'll have them today, they're rectangle so I think they might fit in the actifry save time/money on cooking them hopefully.  I also bought some veggies to make omelettes with, spinach, pepper, onion.  I was impressed with the bill total in Aldi, £50 and I even bought him some sweets and nuts in that total plus I had a bunch of roses for £2.50, not bought myself flowers for ages because Minnie was trying to eat the last ones I had!  Nipped in Farm Foods on way home to get me a few more of those curry sauces, had the last few, bet they don't refill the stick because I like them!  I also got frozen cabbage after seeing it on Dave's plate, I can just have a bit here and there now, it was only a quid too - bargain. 

Once I'd done my paperwork and a bit of computer work nipped to Aldi, it was time to go to my pain management group, we did some gym work, she showed us how to use the cable machine, I think I'll stay away from them until I'm stronger as you have to get it right or you could do more harm than good.

My body was saying don't do too much yesterday so I listened to it and only did stuff that didn't mean too much movement, I managed the washing up and cooking dinner but that was my lot.  Last Monday I swam 40 lengths before my pain mgt group, just shows our bodies aren't machines and I'm learning to listen to it and make the best of it when I can.

I slept like a baby last night, I was spark out by 7pm and woke at 5.45 to a notification on my phone (I've just turned that app sound off, no one needs an app notification at that time  in the morning do they, especially not from Duolingo!), awake for an hour so my app says, feel great this morning I say - bodies need sleep and mine likes lots some nights. 

Right off for a shower before boy wonder wakes and takes it over, here's to a great day whatever the scales say!  I'm taking care of me, maybe not perfectly but a hell of a lot better than I have done in the past decade whilst mom was at her worst.  I hope you don't think I'm being smug when I say how happy I am, I actually find myself stopping and smiling and acknowledging how good my world is, I'm not taking it for granted and I tell him too, he's changed my world.  Don't get me wrong, if he hadn't have knocked the door two years ago, I'd have still been in a good place, having a good life, but he did and he added that extra special bit.  He's the first thing I think about when I wake and the first person I want to tell when something happens.  It's a good place to be. xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me.
 


No comments: