Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 September 2023

Don't the weeks go quickly!

Monday 25th September 2023


A chilled out weekend had in this house, after a great huddle on Saturday morning, I don't think I've left the house since!  That's not helped my step count which was around 5k each day, could've been worse I guess.  My weekend was mostly, cooking, cleaning, eating and watching tele, no complaints here though, we had some lovely family time.

Now I treated us to a whole fillet of beef on Friday from Facebook and the lovely Dave delivered it for me, we're quite partial to a bit of steak and we all know it's not cheap, a couple of pieces of fillet steak in Sainsbury's is around a tenner, I had the whole fillet for £40, I was able to get 6 fillets, plus a piece of chateaubriand which was about 600g, it's the large end piece apparently, I thought when I was about to cut it up that was the 'not so good bit', I said to himself, we could make a really good stew with that, then I googled it and found out it was the best bit - it'd still have made a mega stew or curry lol.  The other end will be great for stir fry beef, anyway it was a bloody bargain as a treat.  

I cooked the Chateaubriand Sunday stressed a bit about getting it right, didn't want to mess up such an expensive piece of meat, never having cooked it before, I was all over google and pinterest and I don't think I did a bad job.  The pressure and stress I was putting on myself disappeared when he said, 'it's your first attempt don't worry if it goes wrong, you can always have another go'.  That man is proper easy going and patient, he eats whatever I put in front of him, never complains, even when I think it's a bit rubbish, he says it's okay.  It split 3 ways easily as part of a dinner, I know in a restaurant it's split two ways but there was plenty!


We'd had a cooked breakfast earlier in the day, but then it all went tits up and there were Maltesers and salted peanuts involved.  I didn't go crazy but he went and bought more, tut tut.  

Saturday we'd had the chicken with stuffing and chips, that was good, yeah we're all about the food, the rest of my bulk cook Friday has all been frozen.  Forgot to give him a couple of pots this morning to take with him DOH!

We've had two early nights but was up at half four this morning so I'm yawning a little.  Can you believe this is my last week at the pain management group, it's been a 12 week course, that's gone really fast, I shall continue to go Mondays and Fridays as that's part of my day now, but I will go earlier. 

I think I'm going to make egg muffins in the actifry this morning for breakfast, see if I can tempt Aryn, get him eating something before school!  They can be microwaved too can't they to warm them up.

Then I'll plan the weeks huddle chat, I think I'm gonna have a bath too, ease my aching muscles and joints, have a slow start to my week.  To swim or not to swim that is the question, I know we're doing circuit training today which we did Friday and I ended up in pain so I don't want to overdo it, might leave swimming till Wednesday.  

I haven't tracked the weekend so I need to get back to that because it does make a massive difference when it comes to me staying within my calories, the scales will show the difference tomorrow I guess.  I'm almost half way through my 7 in 7 weeks, todays week 3 done and I've lost 4lb, hope I've not done any damage.

Anyway, let's have a healthy day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x 



No comments: