Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 September 2023

A very good day had

Wednesday 13th September 2023


This is so true!  After a very, very busy day yesterday, I walked in to start cooking tea, stood in the kitchen I heard a key in my front door and Aryn was in the living room, I said who's opening the front door?  Proper confused my first thought was, is it my sister.  It was himself, he'd come home for the night as the rain had meant they'd finished early for them so he thought he'd drive home.  It was lovely to get a night having dinner together, even if we did have to stretch the meal three ways, now I understood why he'd asked me earlier in the day what we were having for dinner :) He'd hoped to get back before me to make dinner for us but traffic was dreadful.  He did immediately start washing up though which was such a nice thought.  I had to smile cos the house needs a good tidy and I was gonna do it today, so we got caught out - not that he cares.

Dinner was M&S Gastropub Chicken Parmigiana for Two split three ways, with mushrooms and a packet of golden rice split 3 ways, Aryn had salad with his, we shared a mixed veg thing that I like, I forgot the dinner photo but these were the products.   

 
I was more than satisfied with just a 1/4 of the chicken, half the veg and a tablespoon of the rice, it filled me up proving if we have the veggies we can get away with less of the other stuff.  I finished on 1446 calories, leaving 338 to spare, enjoyed some wine too.  Oh and had 3 eggs scrambled on toast for lunch, I used far too much butter which set me back 247 calories, meal total 661 calories and gave me heartburn because of the butter - will I ever learn!

Oh and if you hadn't seen my post, I lost 2.5lb, so 4.5lb left in the next 6 weeks for my 7 in 7 :) Really pleased with that, I said no a lot to others and myself, temptation is everywhere!  

I think I'll make chicken chow mein today because beansprouts don't keep for long and we can have it when he gets back from school because I don't have to go back to work on a Wednesday, it's a quick meal to throw together too.  Chicken Chow Mein (behappyowls.com) 

I'll be mostly burning my calories later doing the housework I've not done because it's been too damn hot!  Aryn said he'll hoover once he can see the floor :) it's really not that bad, a few shopping bags on floor in kitchen and shoes here and there but he's a comedian these days!

I did take an hour out yesterday to treat myself though, I've been growing my nails now for well over a year, having bitten them badly all my life.  They break all the bloomin time as the grow to a decent length, then I'd noticed the last month or so my old habits were starting to sneak in.  Last month when I went to pick up a jumper from Jessica's boutique the other side of Wolverhampton, I popped in the beauty shop next door and asked if she could fit me in then and do my nails to try to help me stop biting them, she did them and it worked for 2 weeks.  I realised it was too far to go regularly so booked in Glamazon across the road Glamazon Tanning and Beauty Salon, wolverhampton, nails (glamazonbeauty.co.uk) to have them redone, I wished I'd been able to get in Friday which was just over the two weeks because on Sunday they'd started to come off and being a nail biter / picker I spent the rest of the night getting them off which I know isn't good for your nails, I didn't do too much damage thankfully and they've redone them and the next appointment is made. I'm not so keen on the colour I've chosen this time but they've only got to last a couple of weeks, it's more about me leaving them alone whilst they get a little stronger and longer again.  It was nice to sit and just be for a while during the middle of a busy day.

I might have eggs for breakfast again but minus the butter!  I've been up since 5 but I felt like woke a lot in the night, six and a half hours sleep compared to 10 the night before which is probably why I woke often because I wasn't really tired, apps saying on 53 minutes awake though which is about my norm.

I feel really good this morning, I have a big smile on my face because I like my life and I had the added bonus of a midweek trip home, yep life is good.  Plus I'm working on my health.  

I think I can thank my HRT patch for some of it, my pains are a lot better, not gone completely although it has caused me to start bleeding, I was told by the doctor it could happen at first and it'll level off but I'm now on my fourth week of it and it's not slowing down unfortunately so that's the only downside so far.

Hey ho, let's have a great day.


Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x 





No comments: