Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 September 2023

Find what works for you!

 Saturday 16th September 2023


A good day had, breakfast was an omelette, absolutely delicious and I had 3 eggs for 198 calories then the mushrooms were only 13 calories.  

Calories work for me because I know exactly how many you're having.  In the past when I've been allowed, 'free' or 'zero' foods I've had a 6 egg omelette, I know not everyone would do that but I'm a greedy bitch and I was being told that if I ate all these free foods and stuck within my 'sins' or 'pointed foods', I'd lose weight - I didn't for many years after the plans changed over the years.  I'm not dissing them or saying they don't work, I'm saying they stopped working for me because I started playing the system.   As I put in a post yesterday, book shops are full of 'diet' books, the truth is every one of those books worked for the author!  The secret is to write your own version, design your own 'diet', be your own expert - no one knows you better than you know yourself.  We all need to stop being told what to eat and when to eat - we know how to lose weight, but we also know the foods we enjoy, what we're willing to cut down on, we're grown ups and need to take control of ourselves. 

I believe our huddles work because we support our members to be a better version of themselves, to follow a 'plan' or 'diet' that works for them, to not feel guilty when they've been out and enjoyed life or they've had a 'bad' or 'stressful' week.  We all need support and laughter to keep us going and that's what Be Happy Owls is all about, we're there to help you become your own expert so you don't have to buy special foods or tools.

It's been a long time since I came up with the 'Happy Owl' concept, long before Elle and I started our business and I felt the need to remind myself of the principle, so I thought I'd share it with you.  

So what is an Happy Owl? It stands for Happy Over Weight Lady (works for Lads too!), that doesn't mean we don't take care of ourselves or want to look and feel our best, it means that we refuse to beat ourselves up because we enjoy having a good time and indulging.  No Guilt!​

You can love yourself and be happy - whatever you weigh.  Losing weight becomes easier if you love and support yourself!  Choose to be healthy and happy whatever your size.

Elle and I have many years of experience as weight loss coaches and we're there to take away the confusion and simplify the process because there are no lotions, potions, pills or miracle cures!  We support our members as they design your own plan, become your own expert and lose weight whilst enjoying life.

On that note back to what I had for my dinner, mmmm you'll find the recipe on our website, it's one I created a long time ago when I was with WW and I realised yesterday, I'd initially tweaked the ingredients to work within one of the points systems, I don't have to do that now, so I did use more beansprouts, chicken, sesame oil and noodles and it was delicious.  The ingredients are a guideline, I add more soy sauce as I like a strong flavour.  My bowl was 600 calories but I couldn't eat it all, himself finished it off for me.  

https://www.behappyowls.com/post/chicken-chow-mein


We did nip out for a drink, popped to check out a couple of places, he enjoyed his few Guinness and I had diet coke, saved my calories for a bit of wine whilst I cooked dinner when we got home.  That's another bonus of that recipe, it's quick and easy.

Last huddle of the week, really looking forward to it, missed my work wife I have!

Not sure what we're up to the rest of the weekend but I've got this, I will stay on track, still doing the 7 in 7 challenge, on my second weekend.

Remember you've amazing, however you're feeling right now, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Take care of you, if you're finding that difficult, remind yourself, you're working on a masterpiece - YOU and that takes time xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x 


No comments: