Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 September 2023

Fancy a challenge?

Friday 8th September 2023


Another day survived!  Wednesday I didn't eat till gone 1pm and I was sound, yesterday whilst doing our huddle chat my tummy was growling, I needed food, so I nipped to the shop on my way to the next huddle and bought a pack of wafer thin ham, ate 150g (I knew because I weighed the rest of it when I got home and worked out the difference) and that did the trick till I got home for 164 calories.

When I did get back, I wasn't too hungry but needed food to carry me through till dinner time, so I had half a crustless quiche with a few leaves, 

Deciding I'm not a massive fan of quiche, I left some of the pastry, weighed it to work out how many calories I'd saved and tracked the rest. 

Having had a great day at the huddles, lots of members returning to set new goals, some of them joining me on the 7lb in 7 weeks, despite the temperature still be 27 as I drove home around 7 o'clock (lot of 7s going on here!)


 I started cooking when I got home, wanted to use up the potatoes I had, I've started keeping them in the fridge, never used to do that but they do seem to last longer.  Made dirty mash (basically left the skins on, should be called lazy mash) gammon and pineapple (was a whoopsie I'd frozen), corn on cob, beans and peas, and it was absolutely delicious!  740 calories, I did add some flora light to the mash but looking at it now, I wished I'd had some parsley sauce to add, that would've been tasty too.


 Aryn and I sat together to eat and watch an episode before he disappeared to his lair and I found something else to watch for a bit before going to bed, asleep by 9 and seven and a half hours sleep had, although I was woke at 1am by a creature outside, think it was a fox or cat, noisy anyway, then I noticed a beeping noise that kept me awake for a while, I've even walked down the street this morning to see where it's coming from - it's one of two houses, how the hell it's not driving them mad I don't know, unless they're away.  I could've shut the window I guess, but I was melting and enjoying the tiny bit of breeze.  

3 days in the bag, now to start the weekend when it won't be quite so easy but I've got this, I need to think about what we can all have for dinner so it's ready and I won't be encouraged to go to the chippy!  I've not got a lot in the way of fresh food, I could do a pasta bake I guess, there's a cauliflower in the fridge, there's some curry stuff in the freezer I could defrost and do a mix and match meal, mmm decisions, decisions because it's gonna be really hot too so I want them to want to eat it!   

Mmm, I'll go freezer diving, I know I have feta cheese in the fridge too, decisions, decisions. 

Here's to a day of trying to get a bit of housework done before it gets too hot, being a goddess in the kitchen, then going to my pain management group. Oh and I get my car back today, it's all fixed and looking like new, it's been a couple of weeks, but they've done the front bumper I ripped off with a kerb, fixed my air conditioning, my seat belt, fitted a new steering wheel (long story lol) and I can't remember what else, if anything.  I can't wait :) I love my car, it has heated seats (I've never had them before) and that really helps my back when it's twinging.  Thankfully I don't live in London or I wouldn't be able to afford to drive it with ULEZ!  

On that note, here's to living in the Midlands!  Coco's come for a cuddle, so I'm off.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: