Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Doesn't the time go by fast!

Wednesday 27th September 2023

Thankfully I maintained my weight this week, so I'm starting week 4 of my personal challenge and I've lost 4lb so 3lb to go - eek!  It's easy to start off strong but to keep going, that gets more difficult, you forget the original reason you started in the first place.  My challenge this week is to track 100% again, I let it go at the weekend, yesterday was tracked and I was within my allowance.

My other challenge I need to do is start to realise certain foods aren't good for my body, it starts screaming 'you've fed me this and now I have heartburn!'  That was yesterday, occasionally though it can just be a build up of food over days.  Although I've just done a internet search asking, 'can skipping meals cause acid reflux' and the answer is a resounding YES, along with lots of other things I shouldn't be doing :) but maybe I'll stop skipping breakfast because that's a long time I'm going between meals, I mean Monday night I would have eaten my dinner around 5ish then was asleep by half seven and I didn't eat yesterday until I got home from work lunchtime so say one, that's 20 hours - WOW!   Too long for sure, my body is obviously not meant for intermittent fasting!  

The meal I then ate didn't help either I guess, I had toast with butter (a trigger), bacon (another trigger), egg, baked beans (a surprising trigger or is it, is it because I usually eat it on toast which is the trigger), and tinned tomatoes.  Who knows what on that plate gave me the acid reflux, I just know I had it all afternoon, it could've even been the size of the meal. Time to start paying attention to what it is Iv'e eaten and drank (I know wine doesn't help, I'm not a complete ignorant fool) plus when it was consumed to work it all out.

Anyway after the meal at lunchtime, I made some soup, I don't know why I do it because I never want to eat it afterwards, homemade soup is not my forte!  

When I got back from the huddle on the night I had a pizza I'd bought from Aldi for £2.69, cheaper than the M&S equivalent which is usually around the £3.50 mark.  It's about 30g heavier, but more calories at 515 calories, the M&S one which is 439.  I cooked it in my new Ninja it took 6.5 mins at 170 in my on the airfry setting, love the big drawer! It tasted as good as the equivalent one in M&S I thought but it did make me thing it wasn't bit enough for a meal if you are hungry, I wasn't really so it was okay.

  

  

 We watched a bit of tele then I was in bed by 8 asleep by half past and I've bagged 7hr 37mins - hurrah!  I managed 8,381 steps too so that was good for me, feeling less pain today so I'm going to go swimming after the huddle this morning, Aryn wants to go to the gym later too so I'll get half hour of moving there.  He's had a shin split since last Thursday the combination of gym then p.e. at school must have caused it bless him. 


I've taken a cottage pie out the freezer (one of my leftover meals), we an have that for dinner tonight with some tenderstem brocolli (on the super 6 in Aldi).

Yeah, let's have a good day shall we, do the best we can with what we have.  Remembering why we started and what we're doing this for.  I have my 12 week health MOT check up a week on Friday to compare my pre Joint Pain Management programme results to now, I'm looking forward to seeing what they say.  I'd be chuffed if I've lost 6lb in that time, especially if you think we had a summer holiday in that time.  Wished I'd took my measurements back then in inches, maybe I'll do that now ready for my 24 week MOT and see if there's any difference then.

Anyway, time to get ready for work although I have a couple of hours to do that, it's only half six, I don't leave till half 8 on a Wednesday.  I might have banana on toast for breakfast this morning, one of my five a day then too.  

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: