Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 July 2022

I didn't melt!

 Wednesday 20th July 2022
Happiness comes to those that smile!




Well I didn't sleep much!  Went to bed about 9, woke up just after 11 absolutely melting and couldn't go back to sleep because of the heat, I lay there but gave up in the end and came down in the hope the living room was cooler.  It was a little and I think I fell asleep around 2ish, woke a few times but managed a few more hours.  Thankfully it's a lot cooler this morning, maybe I'll have an afternoon nap once I've done this mornings huddles and run a couple of errands.

My car was good yesterday too, it didn't play me up so fingers crossed, she'll be okay until he changes the fuel filter and that'll be all that's wrong with her.  I've named her Betty, don't ask me where that came from because I don't know but we sat in the car park yesterday and Carol called my car a 'her' so straight away I said yeah, I'm gonna call her Betty.  Then started singing Woo Black Betty bam ba lam as you do!  

Moving on... My food intake was much better yesterday, started the day using up the last bit of sour bread and guacamole, fried a couple of eggs and diced tomatoes adding a spoon of sweet chill sauce.   I couldn't eat it all and the pair didn't get eaten either.  £1.76 I paid for two of those pears in Tesco on Monday - I nearly died when I saw the price, they are big but really, that's a crazy price.



lunch I used up some of the chicken from Sunday, had it with a huge salad as you can see and a pitta bread, the photo on the left looks lovely doesn't it, but then I added the gherkins which tasted amazing but didn't look so pretty. 


For tea I'd made a madras with more of the chicken from Sunday, I've frozen the other two portions.  Now the theory is that ‘Thermogenic’ foods like spices and chilli increase body temperature as they kick-start our metabolism. This promotes sweating, which has a cooling effect.  Did it work, mmm, it made me sweat for sure, did it cool me down afterwards, I'm not so sure but it was so hot yesterday - who knows.


I'm not going to lie, I didn't track but at least I ate a hell of a lot healthier.

I forgot to tell you we did a taste test on Sunday, compared the cheapest houmous with Sainsbury's home brand, 69p vs £1.30 and we would be happy to eat either, Aryn did prefer the more expensive one but when he chose it, he guessed it was the cheap one, so I think he was overthinking it all.  It just proves it's worth doing comparisons, especially right now as prices are rising so drastically.


69p

£1.30

I also enjoyed some of this on Sunday, found it in the depths of the freezer, bought it when it was on offer.  It's very, very nice and it says 88 calories per 100ml so 418 calories in the entire tub, I didn't eat the tub, I had about 200ml, nom nom.
Here's to trying to eat well again today, I might do the chicken pitta salad again, that was delicious and I have plenty of pittas to use up.  I'm going to go look for ideas of ways to use pitta breads.

Have a cooler day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: