Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 July 2022

Feeling easier than it was Monday!

Thursday 28th July 2022
You'll never know until you try!


YAY, another day in the bag and it does get easier every day for sure, oh don't get me wrong I've got a weekend to get through yet, plus I was still surrounded by temptation and just good old plain WANTING yesterday.

I took the car in to my mechanic and he changed the fuel filter for me, so now it's running as it should, he's a good bloke, I'm learning about cars because himself loves em so I have to listen to it all and some of it's sinking in.  I got the part and mechanic just fit it, that saved time and money.  If you're local to me and need a mechanic his numbers 07878 186262, I'v just realised I don't know his name, must ask next time, it's active auto service.

Anyway back to food, I had some time to waste whilst he did the job so I walked to Sainsbury's because I wanted mushrooms, the also had those small potatoes still on offer for 60p (half price), I then got me some smashing WHOOPSIES, gammon joints reduced from over a tenner to £3, I had the three that were reduced, a smoked joint half price and some bacon medallions reduced from £2.69 to 60p, I got three packets, they've all gone in the freezer.  He can have bacon sarnies the weekend now and the gammon joints will be perfect for Sundays and he can have sarnies for work Mondays.  The fridges in Sainsbury's were low and I honestly think it's because people aren't buying so much so they're not stacking so much.  I know when it was really hot there was talk of the freezers not being able to cope but I do think people are thinking twice about buying stuff.  I'm having too for sure, my food shop bill has easily gone up 20%, my wages haven't and let's not even start on the cost of fuel and energy ay, it's too early in the morning.

What did my meals look like yesterday, well breakfast I had melon and yogurt, which was delicious but...


an hour later I was hungry, my belly rumbling and because I was going to be out till at least half 12 I had a slice of toast with a cheese slice on it before I left the house, that did the job.  Breakfast cost me 282 calories total.  The melon was only 58 calories for 200g, I got 800g out of the entire melon which cost me £1.50 in Aldi.

For lunch we had salmon, another whoopsie I'd bought half price and froze, it was delicious, I had with teriyaki rice (would have that flavour again) and veggies, I forgot how much I like cooked white cabbage and it only cost me 59p, there's enough for loads of meals in that cabbage and I could eat it cold in my salad too.  Aryn tried it but wasn't keen, so I won't force him to eat it, he can stick to peppers and beans.

Now I've fancied tandoori chicken for weeks and I've never been able to cook it as good at home (if you have a recipe to share, please do because I'd like to nail it as it's my favourite) I decided to treat myself from the local takeaway, that was all I ordered which is impressive for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it with the salad that comes with it, I added a few leaves and ate the 2 poppadoms that came with it, deliciousness on a plate for 585 calories total according to the nutracheck app - bargain.


I really do need to make my own or find a frozen version!

Anyway, I finished on track, 1357 calories total with my cuppas and can of sprite, no wine yesterday, being good ain't I.

Shall we do it again today?  

I'm not going to pretend it's easy, as I was driving to work yesterday, I thought about how much I have to lose and how long that will realistically take, but then I realised that time will pass anyway so I can use it to get myself healthier or continue being stupid and gain more weight and not have the energy to enjoy the days out with Aryn, or walk up big hills, I can continue having the worst indigestion and heartburn oh and let's not forget the aches and pains from my joints not being able to carry my body.  So yeah, I'll keep reminding myself of the benefits of what I'm doing and I've also really enjoyed my meals the last few days too.

22 weeks to Christmas, I would be over the bloody moon if I could lose a pound a week, stone and a half for Christmas wow, yes please, but I'll be happy to just lose anything, so here's to keeping it in my head and not being led astray or leading myself astray!

Mwah, luv ya 

have a great day, 

love me 



No comments: