Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 31 July 2022

Day 6 - Survived a Saturday

Sunday 31st July 2022
It's okay to slow down.

Well not only did I survive Saturday but I did it with flying colours!  I hadn't had breakfast before I went to work, so when I got back I ate the bit of melon out the fridge and then ate the salmon fillet that was in there too, random maybe but I wasn't hungry at all but knew we wouldn't be back until at least half 3 and then I'd have to cook our dinner.

We were going swimming and I wasn't looking forward to it on little bit!  I've never really been a fan of water, it scares me if I'm honest, I hate my face being covered in water, I find it all a bit yucky but Aryn wants to do kayaking or canoeing and we needed to know if he could swim because he didn't know - you've gotta love kids!

We went to a place in West Bromwich called Jules pool, she's on Facebook (3) Jules' Pool | Facebook and has a website Jules' Private Swimming/Hydrotherapy Spa Pool Hire West Bromwich. (julespool.net).  It cost us £36 for an hour and we had the pool to ourselves, now for 3 people, I didn't think that was bad as a one off to not put him under any pressure in the pool and to help me get my confidence after not being in a pool in omg how long, 18 years at least I bet.  


It was heated too which was nice and I have to say, I really enjoyed it, spent a good 45 minutes swimming up and down, floating around and watching himself teach Aryn how to swim, after I'd spent 5 minutes trying and realised I probably wasn't the best person for the job.  At first he was a splashy mess but by the end of the time we were there he'd swam the length of that pool at least twice and I was damn proud of him, even if it cost me a fiver in a bid to encourage him he could do the length!  We even ended the session by agreeing to both put out heads under the water, so we held our noses, he went face forward, I went to sit on the bottom of the pool - obviously I didn't make it that far but I did go as far as to put my entire head in the water and that's huge progress.  I'd definitely go back again and maybe build up to normal swimming baths, be good if I could find a quite time to take him somewhere.

Oh and let's not overlook the fact I wasn't feeling amazing in my size 18 swimming cosy but its the size I am and I will embrace it until I'm a size 16 then a size 14.  My jeans are 14's and 16's but the truth is they're not comfortable at the moment!

We got home about half three and I knocked this meal up in 15 minutes because we were all starving, pork loin grilled, I hadn't realised how small they were, the pack was meant for two but we split it three ways, leftover boiled new potatoes, I microwaved them then topped with cheese and grilled, used 130g in total but gave the lads more than I had.  We all had peas, Aryn had a corn on the cob and we had mushrooms and spring onions.  I used up stuff we had in the freezer and fridge so happy days, delicious meal, oh yeah there's a few sundried tomatoes on there too. 423 calories total and it filled me up, I didn't think it would the lads but they were satisfied and had a cheesecake each to finish it off.  I had wine.



There was a suggestion of the pub but I wasn't in the mood for that so he went and got himself a glass of my wine, I'd put the bottle on my tracker but didn't lose my shit lol, I just realised he was helping me save calories and there was always more if we wanted it.  Turned out we didn't need more, we were spark out asleep so early and I got up around 5am. 

So yep, just 1135 calories for a Saturday WOW, even I'm impressed by that, it won't be that low today, I'm defrosting lamb chops and been looking forward to them for days. 

Whatever's on your menu today - enjoy!

Mwah, luv you 

Love me 

No comments: