Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 July 2021

Wish me luck at Elle's scales!

Tuesday 20th July 2021
Small progress is still progress. 


Well I did what I said I was going to and had a Meat free Monday, I think I'll do it every Monday (if I remember, maybe put a reminder in my phone!) and it was good, obviously I could've been more 'out there' but I'm using what I have in the kitchen so was limited to choices, this was what I went for; 



  
The sausages were red onion and rosemary, they were a little dry but edible, I wouldn't buy them again let's say but I will eat the other 3 in the freezer.  Loved the fries, best vegan food out there ain't it chips!
If you've never tried edamame beans, give them a go, they're particularly nice with a sprinkle of salt as a snack when you're watching tele at night.  I had frozen ones that my sister picked up for me.  I even fitted in the last of the white wine I opened Saturday (erm a bottle lasting 3 days... what! I put ice cubes in it too which makes it last longer as well as cooling it down. 


I'm hoping for my first stone certificate today, if I get it I'll be thrilled, especially considering the crazy month I've just had with visitors, starting up a new business with Elle, mom dying, this year has thrown a lot at us already, so I'm glad to finally be taking losing weight a little more seriously.

What to eat today?  Well I'm gonna opt for the slimfast drink for breakfast as I won't fancy anything before 9, will take it to the huddle with me, got to walk Alfie before it gets too hot.   Then I've not thought any further than that, I really do want to make planning part of my routine though because I know not only will it help my weight, it will help my finances.   I'm thinking fish, maybe a fish pie, mmm will have a think about what's in the freezer, it all needs using!  

I was watching a couple of episodes of eat, shop, save and most rave about how planning helps.  I'm always fascinated to see what people spend on their supermarket shop and other stuff, I still have to pay all the bills on my house anyone else pays, yeah I use less of some stuff, but putting a light on cost the same if there's one person in the room or 6, same with turning the tele on.  My finances have changed because of mom so I'm learning to live with a new norm, especially now I've spent all that money doing my house/garden up :) it does look great though don't it.

Exercise - boo, that was covered a lot in those programmes too, it is something I need to think about, actually it's something we all should consider, I've got Alfie that pushchair so we can walk more, just need it to cool down a little, can't make him walk in this or be pushed, I can't walk in this.  I'm going to try and focus on steps on the Fitbit as I was well aware over the weekend I was down massively, just over 5k on Saturday and 7k Sunday, yesterday I made myself get my ass into gear and did some sorting in my house, the back bedroom, hallway and alleyway/shed are now in order, still got the summerhouse shed to tidy but that'll wait till it's cooler.  This helped me up my steps to 11k and my active minutes to 48, I want to be aiming for 10k every day, I'm not ready for any 'exercise' as such, my backs not right, it keeps starting to seize up, when I get up in the morning or when I'm walking Alfie, so ease myself into stuff I reckon.

It's all about  making small changes, a tweak a week, what's your tweak going to be this week?  Drink more water, add more veggies, drink a little less, move a little more?  Don't try and do it all at once, it'll blow your brains!  I'm terrible for going at things like a bull at a gate and ending up smack in the middle of the field with the gate lying on top of me (not literally obvs)!  

Right let's have another great day shall we?  Get yourself to a huddle, there's two today, one tomo, two thursday or one Saturday, no excuses, there's even the Sunday zoom if you're in a rush and can't stay for the chat in the week; 


Have a very, very, great day, wish me luck at the scales  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: