Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 18 July 2021

Sunscreen on if you're out today please!

Sunday 18th July 2021
A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.

6am and I'm out walking Alfie before it gets too hot, he didn't get a walk yesterday because by the time we got back from the huddle it was 26 degrees, not a chance, we just went and sat in the garden, in the shade and relaxed. I had a couple of hours reading magazines, I can't remember the last time I did that.  I have loads to sort, clean and tidy but its not getting done in the heat, not a chance. 

I cooked a simple dinner using something out that freezer and I have to say, I was really impressed with the Linda McCartney burger, need more veggie foods in my life I do. 


Once the garden had no shade left I went in and spent the afternoon with the curtains closed catching up on America's got Talent. I do like stuff I don't have to think about, it has its funny and feel good moments too. 

I've already watered the pots in the garden, didn't get to drink my cuppa though, it was a good un too! 

We've talked lunches all week and by yesterday, I wanted the boring ham sandwich we'd talked about, it was actually nice but I couldn't eat it every day, I'd be bored senseless. 

 
I used the ham from the salad I'd made and Alfie ate the egg yolk

Not sure what's going to be on my menu today, I really enjoyed melon this past two days but that's all gone now, I've some tinned fruit I think I'll open.  I might do cold potato salad for lunch with fish, I'm just walking and thinking what's in my kitchen.  I'm going to start doing meat-free Mondays I think starting tomorrow, that'll help me get my healthy on. 

Huddle on zoom this morning, always enjoy our Sunday chat and wow what a morning yesterday, 60lb lost, that's just amazing for the beginning of the six weeks holidays!  Lots of certificates handed out too, love the community- in this together vibe we've got going on, it was exactly what we had planned when we set up. Everyone is there to lose weight (or maintain) doing it their own was, from intermittent fasting to calories, they choice their way, they become their own experts and it's working for them as we are seeing some amazing results!  We talk about the good, the bad and the absolute ugly in our huddles, we are not all rainbows and sprinkles because real life ain't like that is it! 

Well we are almost back at the house and I'll get to have my cuppa at last, I need to work on next weeks subject too. 

Here's to a slow Sunday, enjoy your day, it's forecast highs of 29 today so whatever you're doing slap some sunscreen on! xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me.

No comments: