Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 8 July 2021

I can't get rid of him!

Thursday 8th July 2021
Focus on yourself, don't get lost in other people.



We won the football didn't we, which means because football is hopefully coming home, they've both decided they're not going home till after the final!  I've got them till Tuesday, that's 5 more sleeps and lots more noise, Alfie and I will have to wait a few more days to get our peaceful life back - it's okay though, I've already written him another to do list!

Joking aside, when mom was alive and we were both living in the hell that is dementia, I used to sit planning in my head and on Pinterest what I'd like to do with the living room when I was able too.  I couldn't have anything done then because mom needed routine and she wouldn't have coped with the upheaval.  This morning, I'm sitting in those ideas, those images I'd saved on Pinterest, he's done it, my living room looks exactly how I wanted it.  It needs the finishing touches, like the curtains hanging and I want a couple of houseplants but the walls,  shelving in the alcoves, my radiator wine shelf, my hearth and my huge leaning mirror is done and they are amazing!  I knew I wouldn't be able to buy anything anywhere near as good as Terry could make it, I absolutely love my mirror, it's mahoosive, almost the height of the ceiling, you can just see the cornice and as wide as the fireplace pillar.  119 x 216cm are the exact measurements because I've just measured it, when everything's tidy and it's all sorted, I'll take photos of the rest of the room. 


It's been an emotional couple of weeks, stress levels have run high because Terry was on a time limit, with too much to do and not enough time, plus he kept finding things that needed fixing from plumbing to light fittings.  We've both been emotional because it's the first time we've seen each other since mom died and we would normally be celebrating her birthday this week, we still did but not in the same way because she wasn't here with us.  I'm actually glad he wasn't able to come over the last year before she died because he didn't need to see his mom that way, he wouldn't have liked it and neither would she have.  We're so alike, so that causes friction when things get stressful, but we've not fallen out, we've just shouted and cried at times lol, all because we're such strong characters and he was trying to build Rome in a day and even with his talent it can't be done without losing your rag, he's done that a few times, emotionally and actually, the amount of times he's lost his waxing rag the last few days is unreal, but I can't talk I lose my phone and it's in my hand or my glasses and they're on my head!

Back to the football, we've watched every England match since he's been here on the decking with the neighbours, they've bought an old tv round and set it up under the gazebo they've borrowed us, so because Terry and Alexis are such massive football fans, they're superstitious so the final has to be watched in the same place, hence the change of flights! Oh my, how many more hours of them, even Terry said tomorrow when he's finished titivating the living room, I can shut the door and chill with Alfie on my settee whilst he does whatever else he now has planned - YAY!   I'll still be able to hear the effing and jeffing though won't I lol, it's all good really, I'm just not sure my liver can cope, I was supposed to be getting back on track today, I'm still going to improve but in my defense, I gained 3lb the week he arrived and I lost 2lb of it this week, all stress I'm sure :) so it's all good.  I haven't seen them for over 18 months, I'm not remotely worried about delaying my weight loss journey a few more days.

Let's hope the weather is better for the weekend, it would be lovely to not need a gazebo in the garden, do you think he has time to knock me something like this up before then?  😜😂😁


Oh he made me some of his tomatoes yesterday and showed me how to season them myself, they're so good, they'll be my new go to meal when I'm in a rush and want something quick, they'll be great for breakfast, all they are is tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil and you reduce them down until they're absolutely scrumptious.  He made them for me for breakfast when I've been to Corfu to visit and I absolutely loved them!  He's also going to show me how to use a Weber BBQ properly so that I can make the chicken and pork taste like he did at our bbq on moms birthday and then I can do the same, need to order myself one from Amazon now.  

I've spent some money the last few weeks but it's worth it because my house and garden is how I want it and it'll last me for the rest of my life, I've always said I'll die in this house and because it was all made mom proof, it's ready for me to be old in it too, not just yet though ay!

Oh I almost forgot about our new huddle yesterday morning at Wimborne Road, it was lovely and I know that's going to be a cracking meeting, lovely venue it is.  We're at Bloxwich today at the mem and they are a private members club (worth joining) but they have events that anyone can go too, this is one that's coming up soon; 


Right I'm off to work, here's to a very great day, 

luv ya 

love me x


No comments: