Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 17 July 2021

Sunny Saturday ahead

Saturday 17th July 2021
Schools out for summer!


So many end of school photos on Facebook yesterday, leaving junior or senior school and what's scary is I've known these kids since they were born and their moms walked into my meetings.  Kids get a bad press a lot of the time, but there's a lot of amazing, good kids out there, I know a lot of them I'm glad to say.  Now to make sure all those moms don't give up on taking care of themselves and making time for their huddles because of the holidays!

How was my day yesterday, it was good, my sis came round for an hour in the garden and a cuppa, I chatted to Terry on facetime, I made the workmen next door a few cuppas and I cooked myself a tasty dinner, 458 calories sea bass with slow roasted garlic & lemon potatoes and veg, tasty 😋  I had the recipe from here; Slow Roasted Greek Lemon Potatoes | Sprinkles and Sprouts there was a bit too much lemon in them for me, next time I'd probably half the quantity recommended.  I've kept the juices and will use to cook some fish today or tomorrow, the leftover potatoes will keep 3 days, or I can freeze a few, might make a cold potato salad with some.  I had to cadge the garlic from my sister but I had all the other ingredients and I used some of that white fish from my freezer. 


I'm thinking stuffed mushrooms today as I want them using before they turn, but what to stuff them with that's the question?  I've got a whole loaf of bread too that I haven't touched since my shopping come on Tuesday so I'll be eating something on toast I reckon!  I guess I could just have mushrooms on toast and keep things simple.  I've said I won't shop again this month but it's things like black olives and garlic, I haven't got those ingredients so without garlic you can't make much, I used an entire garlic yesterday in my spuds - I love the stuff!  

 I'm getting my mojo back in the kitchen, actually I'm getting my old self back in my life all round, the stress of the last few years has faded, even the stress of the last 3 weeks has gone already, I have been catching up on my sleep though, had a power nap yesterday afternoon, had to rewind the last 15 minutes of a programme three times.   Loving my job and my life, not so much my bank account but two out of three ain't bad and the money I've spent over the last month has given me a wonderful home that'll last me forever, plus I got free labour, can you imagine how much that saved me, thousands and thousands.  I need to stay off Amazon too now, my Weber bbq arrived yesterday and my plant pots from TK Maxx are coming today and that's me for now, no spending at all this month apart from paying for the work on my car when it comes back, I paid my first TV licence this week too (ouch) mom got it free didn't she, being a grown up can suck can't it. 

I've got the huddle to look forward too this morning too, there's a garden there so anyone who brings their kids can let them play there, it's all closed in and safe, Alfie often has a walk about out there.  Elle's picking me up this morning as I'm car less for the weekend I think, which I'm okay with, I'm going nowhere, gonna enjoy my garden and chill, it's going to be a hot one. 

Here's to a great day, hope all's good in your world. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx 





No comments: