Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 27 July 2021

Full of Fibre ain't I :)

Tuesday 27th July 2021 
This month's choices are next month's body.


Well I did meat free Monday again yesterday, I'd recommend everyone give it a go, it's not just good for you, it's good for the planet too, oh and don't have fish either if you do it.  This was what I consumed; 

 

Beans on toast for brekkie and a delicious salad for lunch with guacamole, houmous and potato salad. 

 
This was my dinner and it was delicious, it was the side from my £10 meal deal and by far the best thing in it, I had all of it as my main, high in calories at 598 but worth it for a little indulgence. I had it on half of a baked butternut squash, turns out Alfie likes both butternut squash and mac & cheese :) 

I finally hit the magical daily fibre figure of 30g, actually I had 32g, beans on toast is definitely an easy way to get a third of them, I had a nectarine too which had 1.3g and my 2 Ryvita had 3g, I love those crunchy crackers, I really do and with houmous on they are epic.  Will make my own Houmous again next time I think, I don't follow a proper recipe but it's still whizzed up chick peas!  

I did a few hours work in the garden, actually got quite into it so the morning just disappeared.  I also had a walk first with Alfie, he was not impressed much at all as I wanted to do Beat the Street and my sis had got me a card, so there's one across the road from the house and then there were another 3 in a loop of about 5,000 steps but he doesn't like going where I want to go, he likes going where he wants to go - I didn't give him a choice for a change!  I think if I want to do more, he'll have to go in the pushchair after he's had his normal walk. 

I also went for my cervical smear test at the hospital, (if you're a bloke you might want to skip this paragraph!) I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't a comfortable experience, actually it was bloody painful, apparently being my age doesn't help, especially when I've not had sex for a very long time, being a full time carer didn't leave much time for shagging!  She did warn me she may not be able to do it and I'd have to go get something to help lol, but I wasn't going through that experience twice so I cursed instead and put up with the pain, it's only a couple of minutes ain't it and if it could potentially save my life, then it's worth it!  If I get a normal result, I won't be called for five years, one benefit of hitting my 50s apparently.  Please make sure you keep your appointment when it comes through, it's worth it. 

Not thought about my menu for the day ahead yet, I'm thinking fish though, maybe with butternut squash chips and peas mmm.  Weigh day today, I expect a maintain after losing 4lb last week, I'll be happy with that, I can tell I'm eating better and my heads in a great place and wanting to eat healthily and drink less.  My knee is full of inflammation so I'm hoping losing weight will help with the swelling and the pain there, my sciatica comes and goes as does the pain in my lower back, hopefully all this will ease a little the more I lose weight. 

I've also got a white sweet potato to do something with this week, will have a look for ideas later, plus a cauliflower to use, Elle has sent me a few tiktok ideas for cauliflower :) she does like a bit of tiktok.  Look forward to hearing how her birthday weekend went at our Huddles today, looking forward to them as always, it's great to catch up with everyone.  

But first a shower and a cuppa, here's to a very, great day, if you haven't joined us yet, come on - you know you want to, you won't regret it x

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx





No comments: