Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 10 July 2021

Can't beat a bit of outdoor living

Saturday 10th July 2021
You only fail when you stop trying!


I fell asleep in the garden last night, Alexis suggested I go to bed when I woke up so I left the to it with Cheryl & Kev (neighbours), I'm not used to these late nights and it's been 2.5 weeks of them now, I'm redy for a few early nights lol. 

Yesterday Terry decided to use the last bit of decking to make a BBQ station, it's got an inbuilt bin on the left with plug sockets underneath, and plenty of work space for putting food on as you can see, plus storage underneath for charcoal.  Don't it look good!


I had my first barbeque lesson last night when we cooked our delicious t-bones, they were so good, he flavoured them simply with salt and pepper and they were perfect, the feta salad Alexis made to go with them was off the scale, she flavoured that with olive oil, balsamic, oregano and I think that was all she said.  
I cooked a beef on the bone curry whilst all this was being done in the day ready for dinner today, I can't go to Westwood's butchers (203 Station Street, Cheslyn Hay, Walsall WS6 7EH) without coming back with bones to make a curry and their stewing beef is 3lb for a tenner so it's a no brainer, I've got a pan full of the tastiest curry in the world, I'll put the recipe on our website later, the beauty of it is, you can just put a couple of bones in the pan that way there's no bones in the actual dish when served up as you take them out.

I did some driving about getting bits from B&Q, Tesco and then the butchers, then we emptied the alley way shelves and the summerhouse and Terry is sorting it all out so that the summerhouse will be a shed going forward and we'll know where everything is and anything we don't need has already or will be got rid of.  I'd never sit in the summer house, they're just too damn hot in the summer and in the winter, I'll be sitting in my nice warm living room!

Today he's doing my doors, he doesn't like the finish on them so he's sanding and re waxing them cos they spoil his living room :) the door handles also need changing and because the existing ones have left a bit hole in the doors, he will have to put wood back in, that'll keep him busy enough, I won't say quiet because that's v v unlikely!

I on the other hand, have a lovely morning at our huddle to go too, then I'll see if I get to do some laptop work or if I have to do things for Terry as he does his work.

The front room windows also need cleaning, so that's on the to do list and I've got to write and plan next weeks huddles, an afternoon snooze would be amazing but I won't hold my breath.

If I'm having curry later, I'll have a light breakfast and lunch, maybe a bowl of cereal, possibly soup later, we'll see.

For now though, I'm off to have a shower and scrub my toe nails as they're a bit grimy after being in the garden and walking round with nothing on my feet, that's the best thing about the decking because I don't like wearing shoes. 

Here's to a great day, a wonderful weekend and how good would it be to round it off with an England win!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx




 

No comments: