Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Emotional day ahead!

Tuesday 6th July 2021
All you need in life is the love of your family & red wine oh and crisps :) 


Well today's an emotional day, it would've been moms 83rd birthday, but looking at my Facebook memories, it wouldn't have been a pleasant one if she was still alive so I'm glad she's out of pain and no longer suffering from that dreadful disease.  I've already had a cry reading some of the posts and watching the videos, I like to skip the last couple of years and go back to the times she was on form and the mom I grew up with, effing and jeffing, like in this one, Facebook back in 2015 when she tried to catch a spider, I bloody loved that woman and today we shall celebrate her life.  We'll most likely be doing it in the rain up the garden but hey it's national BBQ week and as Terry just said, we're English, it's what we do!

This morning, I'm at the huddle though catching up with Elle and the gang, looking forward to that, I'm personally also really glad that hopefully on the 19th we're going to be getting back to some kind of normality, I hate wearing a mask, I really do and now I've been double jabbed I'm happy to take my chances.

As always Terry worked really bloody hard yesterday, he's now working on the woodwork for my living room, taking old scaffold planks and sanding them down to make a bench, alcove shelves, a radiator shelf, a cover for my hearth and a huge mirror to lean up the wall.  It's going to look stunning and in the nicest possible way, I can't wait to see it all finished and sit in my living room alone with my dog watching tele. 

They've got two more days here, I drop them at the airport stupid o'clock Thursday morning, then I'll go straight to work, it's been weird having Terry here to myself without mom being here.  Ian said by text last night that it's going to seem strange not visiting his mom on their birthday (his is today too) and it's his first birthday as an orphan!

I know there's going to be lots of laughter and tears today as we remember the greatest mom that ever walked this earth, the legend that was Hilary that so many people loved and laughed with.  The moment her heart stopped, mine changed forever 💜

 
Always my best friend.

We did so much and made so many memories together, I have no regrets. 


At least we won't spend the next week looking for the birthday money she received and hid!


Here's to a very great day full of love, 

luv ya 

Love me xx


No comments: