Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 August 2020

#WWwegotyou challenge accepted

Monday 3rd August 2020
Don't let fear keep you from moving forward.


Late today, been doing my yoga and walking Alfie, then did a little bit of sorting of my wool cos I want the tubs for going back to work, I've got a lot to do in the shed, but I'm thinking I'll enjoy my Monday off and do it all tomorrow.  Yesterday was a really tough day for mom which obviously means it wasn't very relaxing for me either, but we made it through so let's not dwell. 

I did have a fantastic virtual workshop, I love it when they don't just help my members but I come away from it feeling like I've moved forward too.  WW are challenging us all to move more this month, 30 minutes a day and we were talking about how we can find a way to do something.  I've proved with my yoga that it is possible even when you think it's impossible to do things, it might not be easy, but it's definitely possible, I have now been doing some yoga every morning since April 18th, some mornings are easier than others, Alfie now sees it as his time too, so instead of sulking about not being able to have a moments piece, I give him 5 or 10 minutes of play and fuss then slide him out the way and off my mat so I can continue once he's done.  I'm working on the meditation, it's not so easy when there's a dog on your lap but again, I use it as a time to zone out and pet him so we're relaxing regardless.  

I want to walk though and that's not so easy, Alfie doesn't do 'brisk' walking, it's just not happening, I walked out that 20 minutes is roughly a mile so if I could get mom at a time when she's okay and just say, 'will you be okay for 20 minutes if I go for a quick walk', sometimes she will say yes, so that's my plan, it's okay if I can't do it absolutely every day, some days Alfie does walk, some days I'll earn my points doing other things like housework or a bit of gardening, but it's all about doing something and if anything gets in your way, go round it, over it or hell go through it!  I managed to get mom to say yes yesterday and I'd got my shoes on and there was Alfie waiting, I couldn't leave him behind, so I took him and I'll have to be more ninja next time I try to escape! 

I also spent a little time cooking yesterday, I really enjoyed that too, I did Harjit's lentils and I didn't do badly at all, I didn't use her quantities, I didn't have green chilli so had to use some frozen red jalapenos but I tweaked and added until it was a flavour I liked and I was thrilled with the outcome, I need to tub some up and make space in the freezer, might cook the dying tiny cauli in the fridge that cost me a quid and have cauli and spinach curry today using the sauce.  

This is the original recipe, I double up on most of it (except the water and tomatoes) and used a plastic food tray of red lentils as I hadn't got the others but I have just ordered some for next time.  I'm enjoying being back in the kitchen. 

Harj’s Lentil Curry- 5sp total 1 small cup red lentils, mung yellow lentils & chana dal (pulses) 2 tsp turmeric Boiling water - I used 2 kettle fulls Base - 2-3 onions Garlic - I used 1 frozen block Ginger - 1-2 blocks 3x green chilli’s add more if you like it spicier 1tbs olive oil (5sp) 1-2tsp cumin seeds Tomatoes - either tinned which need to be purée or passata.  (she uses about half a can) 1tsp garam masala Coriander (optional) Method: Wash all lentils in saucepan with warm water - drain water and add boiling water. Add salt & turmeric, bring to the boil be careful not let it boil over then turn gas down and simmer, cover saucepan but didn’t cover completely otherwise dhal will boil over - leave to simmer stirring occasionally until it start to thicken and looks like soup consistency. This can take up to 30-45mins to get right consistency.  Base - chop onions add to separate saucepan and add olive oil.  Cook for 5 mins and add garlic, ginger,  chopped chili & cumin seeds, if onions start sticking to saucepan keep adding water. You need to cook onions until they are more or less purée, then add tomatoes. Cook onions/tomatoes until they look like a paste then add to the lentils which should now have cooked and look like soup. Also add 1tsp of garam masala and coriander if required.

So that was more or less my day, you do have to laugh at the universe though or it will get you down, we'd been joking on virtual in the check-in bit about how we only clean something in our house when it looks dirty or it's obvious it has to be done. Well! When I came downstairs, what happened next (you don't need details) meant the wet room got the deepest clean lol, I even had to unblock the toilet! Happy Days! This went on all day btw and just as I thought it was calming down, I knocked over a carton of milk! I mean, please, enough already. I did scream and rant I won't lie, I'd been keeping my patience and being loving towards mom all day but when that happened it was like someone had released the valve on a pressure cooker. I was okay as soon as I'd wiped it up though. Then as if to apologise the universe helped me find a pattern for free that I've had my eye on for months but didn't want to have to buy the wool pack that went with it. See always some good even on a difficult day.

I've connected my apple health on my phone to my WW app as I hadn't changed my fitbit and I'm not ready to wear it yet, and I doubled my steps yesterday from Saturday which I'm chuffed with, it's all about doing what you can - so what can you do?

Have a great Monday, I'm going to enjoy it, especially as I know I'm back at work work and there's a lot to do to get ready.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: